• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I want --- to be implemented topic

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Probably not possible within the confines of the forum software but it would be useful to be able to respond to moderation actions from the notification . Not a big deal but when you have a post moderated the only real option is to message admin to flag your dissatisfaction but that seems a lot of faff for all parties when you just want to point out why you think there has been a moderation error. Something automated would be a bit slicker.

Probably not possible within the confines of the forum software but it would be useful to be able to respond to moderation actions from the notification . Not a big deal but when you have a post moderated the only real option is to message admin to flag your dissatisfaction but that seems a lot of faff for all parties when you just want to point out why you think there has been a moderation error. Something automated would be a bit slicker.
Yup you're right you can't respond to moderator action notifications as they're just that - notifications that an action has been made.

Just pop a message to a team member if you want to query though, happy to discuss as any deletions/edits are all recorded in the background.

Out of interest, would it be possible to remove the 30-image limit on posts? I remember it used to be on the old forum software, and I assume that it’s a carry over, but I notice that other forums running a similar XenForo version don’t have this.

Would removing this be possible? Or is there a reason that you’ve kept it in place?

I only ask because when I write something like a trip report, my post will often contain more than 30 images, as I’ve taken more than 30 throughout the day, and I often have to go through and chop images out to get below the 30-image limit.

We already increased the limit to 30 to accommodate larger trip reports, but even approaching that number causes a lot of issues for those viewing the forums on smaller devices as their browser jumps around loading them.

Predominately we're a discussion forum over image hosting, and as mentioned before we have a finite amount of space. Perhaps keep things to "highlight" images, then link to an external site for your full collection from your trip might be better :)

Break your post down into parts. It makes it a lot easier to read and a lot easier to write. It allows you to critique your photos and allows you to see what's needed and what's just in to be pretty

Combine them together into one musical montage for unlimited photo options

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I have a suggestion for a new Member Awards category; would a "best post" category work? We've had some incredible posts this year which I think deserve to be recognised.

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I have a suggestion for a new Member Awards category; would a "best post" category work? We've had some incredible posts this year which I think deserve to be recognised.
The problem with a best post category is that there are so many individual posts that it's pretty unlikely you'd manage to get a fair outright winner. You might get say 10 different posts all getting a couple of votes, and maybe one that gets a single extra vote. Does 3 votes against 2 for those 10 other topics seem a fair result?

Best topic is already a bit of a push because there's so many choices and not every reads every topic in every forum. But, at least it's more likely that the majority of voters have at least come across the topic rather than each individual post.

Hope you've got a checklist lol, a lot of developments since it was last updated! 😜
Ah be fine! To be honest, with most of the posts in the topic being some sort of update following the end of "primergate" there's not really a huge need for it to be updated regularly at present. The timeline is there for historical value in future more than anything else now, so I'll get it all sorted out properly next week.

Ah be fine! To be honest, with most of the posts in the topic being some sort of update following the end of "primergate" there's not really a huge need for it to be updated regularly at present. The timeline is there for historical value in future more than anything else now, so I'll get it all sorted out properly next week.
That's ok Craig, I was joking anyway. 🙂

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.