• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Magic

I have to say my first visit back in 2013 was amazing it was my first time at a theme park. I have been back so far every year since but so far I have not felt the same way I did ony first visit.

A quote* from the Alton towers website

"Our fantabulous and popular attraction nemesis sub terra is unfortunately closed today due to some guests noticing magic. Please be aware that it will be closed for the foreseeable future whilst the offending emotion is removed as it has a negative affect on our budget guest feedback. We thank you for your patience and hope you spend more money hope you have a fantabulous day at Alton towers resort."

* May not be actual quote

I've never known there to be any 'magic', in any decade. No one thought there was any magic until the park started telling people there was, then they believed it, then they grew up and started moaning than Air could do with painting.

Nobody knows where it came from...
nobody knows what it wants...
There are theories and then there is legend...
the magic comes from a different dimension (Tussauds), a dimension beyond imagination.
No merlin marketing team anywhere in the galaxy would come to terms with its awesome power.
managers turned against it, worried it would break their budget, they fought it,
They used everything against it
It has remained, drawing its energy from john wardleys mind.

For centuries enthusiasts were drawn to the mysterious place where it was thought to lay buried
They paid homage to the power, they brought gifts...
THEY GAVE THEIR SOULS...
Its resting place became a mystical place, a place of worship.
few enthusiasts returned to lead a normal life
Such was their disturbance
Such was what the gravity of what they felt
Often these people met mysterious ends
Crazed by their findings, driven mad by the force
Some simply disappeared, leaving only their disappointment for nemesis sub terra
the magic defied scientific explanation

UNTIL now...
the magic was discovered during a routine breakdown at Alton towers
A group of TST'ers complained of dizzy spells, of an uncontrollable force drawing them towards a place where the shadows of two b&ms met
the force was overpowering
They were compelled to search, to seek the source.
What they discovered, defies description
IT WAS AWAKE
it thrashed crazily in the Earth
Removing all before it like a giant excavator
It sent the flume and other inferior rides hurtling skywards
Dementedly, it unleashed its anger at the (lack of) storyline of rita.

A security silence fell over Alton Towers, whilst enthusiasts investigated.
the magic had to be controlled...
It took two hundred and fifty shipping containers and two hundred feedback kiosks...
ordinary feedback kiosks, ordinary shipping containers
it tries to escape, giving enthusiasts hope

When you search for the magic
Remember its history
It is awesome
There is no comparison

This is the legend...
But don’t try to understand...
Don’t come to terms with it...
Don’t even try to think about it...

the magic at Alton towers? not really

(yes, im that bored)

Last edited:
@Leah - the irony of course is that the guy who put together what you have just quoted, wishing back to a time where "things were better etc", is now at the helm of Merlin.

Last edited:
I was actually going to do hex, but I thought nemesis would be easier.

And yes I was aware of the irony.

The magic went when DIC came in, with Rita in 2005. It may have gone in 2004 but spinball was reasonable, with the park probably planning to sell at that point. Mutiny bay had a bit of magic brought back, and so do a few of merlons investments, although the last 'magic' ride in the prime time was duel depending or not whether you like it or not (probably depends if you prefer the haunted house or not. If it wasn't for DIC I think we would probably still have the magic. Merlin didn't actually take it, they just didn't bring it back to what it used to be. It was long gone when Merlin came in.

The "magic" was lost just after the end of the 1999 fireworks show, and hasn't been seen since.