• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Nemesis retrack; is it a new coaster credit or not?

Is the Nemesis retrack a new coaster credit?

• Total voters
Relocation = Same Cred. Or I could count Olympia Looping like 4 times, with 3 of them being slightly different locations in Hyde Park

Thinking about it, I tend to mostly agree with RCDB’s logic on this. RCDB seems to be quite reticent to consider retracks as new credits, and I’ve noticed that I tend to agree with their assessment, for the most part.

I would not consider like-for-like retracks (such as Nemesis, Hulk and Colossos) new credits.

I would not consider retracks with slightly altered profiling (such as CanCan Coaster, Python and Shaman) new credits if the basic layout remains mostly the same, even where the new track is built by a different manufacturer (Python and Shaman, for instance, were originally built by Vekoma but retracked by CSM).

I also would not consider Lightning Rod to have become a new credit when it got retracked and changed to IBox Track rather than Topper Track in many places.

The only instance where I notably disagree with RCDB is something like Phantom’s Revenge. RCDB classes Steel Phantom and Phantom’s Revenge as the same credit, but I’d argue that the Phantom’s Revenge conversion turned it into a totally different coaster. The only bits reused from Steel Phantom were the lift hill, brake run and station track, and the rest of the ride has a totally different layout built by Morgan. I’d argue that that is more similar to an RMC conversion than a retrack, thus considering Phantom’s Revenge a new Morgan hyper credit that opened in 2001, yet RCDB classes Phantom’s Revenge as an Arrow looper that opened in 1991 and simply had a heavy modification by Morgan in 2001.

I would not consider a relocation of the same ride to be a new credit, but I do consider clones of the same layout to be separate credits.

It’s all very complicated…

I said no. But come this time next year will you consider yourself as having ridden the ride we know as Nemesis if you haven't ridden what is currently in the pit? I probably won't.

It will certainly ride differently in some ways, but then it could ride differently from one day/row to the next anyway, so that's a bit of a moot point in any case.

People are free to count credits as they wish, but for me Nemesis is not a new credit. It is the same coaster, the same layout, just some new track. As has been pointed out, how many times would various wooden coaster be counted with all of the re-tracking they get?

Saying yes for this.

If they were to build a clone of Nemesis in another park or country then it would be a new cred. This is, in a way, a clone that’s being built in the same place as the original.

Using all the same track and infrastructure that allows you to get from A > B and stops you at C.

Saying yes for this.

If they were to build a clone of Nemesis in another park or country then it would be a new cred. This is, in a way, a clone that’s being built in the same place as the original.
No.
If they were building a clone elsewhere, then yes.
They aren't, they are replacing most of the track, on the same ride, on the same site.
If this is a new ride, then what about when you go through the station and lift hill...