• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Nemesis retrack; is it a new coaster credit or not?

Is the Nemesis retrack a new coaster credit?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As most of you are probably aware, Nemesis is currently undergoing a hefty refurbishment wherein all of the track with the exception of the brake run, lift hill and station track is being replaced. With most of the track being replaced, this has brought up an interesting conundrum among those who count coaster credits; when Nemesis reopens, will the new version be a brand new credit? This conundrum is dividing opinion among coaster counters, so I'd be keen to know; in your view, will new Nemesis be a new credit?

Personally, I would say no. I will not be classing Nemesis V2 as a separate credit to Nemesis V1. As it's only the track being replaced, I see no reason how from a technical standpoint, this retrack is any different to how wooden coasters are retracked on a semi-regular basis (albeit all the track is replaced in one go rather than incrementally like on a woodie). If something else significant was materially changing about the track and train ride experience, then I might think differently. But as the layout is staying the same, with only the track itself being replaced, I will not be classing Nemesis V2 as a new credit. I didn't class Hulk V1 and Hulk V2 as separate credits for the same reason; from a technical standpoint, it's the same ride as it always was, but with different track.

I can see the argument for it being a new credit, but I don't personally agree with it.

But what are your thoughts? I'd be keen to know!

What if the trains are different?
The only thing that comes to mind with this is the only items that are in contact with the rails which are the wheels and in my experience there replaced from time to time
So i guess every year you ride your basically riding a new train as sutch
But thats just what i think^^

Definitely not.

However what if instead of scrapping the old track someone was to put it back together in a new location. Surely they both can't be the same cred then. It's all very ship of theseus.
Looks at southport......🤣🤣🤣

Both Coaster-count.com and coastercounter.com list two seperate rides for the pre-2015 and post-2016 Incredible Hulk at IoA, but I think more of that was replaced compared to Nemesis?
Although RCDB just lists it as SBNO during 2015-16 when it was being rebuilt and then it continues as the same coaster.

Both Coaster-count.com and coastercounter.com list two seperate rides for the pre-2015 and post-2016 Incredible Hulk at IoA, but I think more of that was replaced compared to Nemesis?
Although RCDB just lists it as SBNO during 2015-16 when it was being rebuilt and then it continues as the same coaster.
They list Python at Efteling twice as well on Coaster Count but it still counts as the same cred on the records.

Hulk re-track was the same as Nemesis - top of lift to start of main brake-run. (Unsure what happened with the mid-course brakes on Hulk though - I would guess they stayed put).

I think I'd heard that you could only count it as a new cred if it was significantly re-profiled. Don't think that's the case in any of the above examples.

Re-siting is a bit controversial as well, I'd argue that if the ride experience is exactly the same in its new location that's not a new cred either.

Last edited: