• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Return Of Concerts...

Let's face it, if there is a concert then JLS/1D et al will be the type of bands they'll go for. They know it's a guaranteed sell out.

If they do a concert again I would imagine it would be best to have it as part of a tour, like the Pink concert. That was a sell out as it was promoted by the tour organisers more than Towers.

However I would love to see the return of Alton Towers Live. Most people on here did not like the choice of artists (boo hoo in my opinion) but regardless of that it was a really well put on and organised event as well as being great fun. Another concert with 4 or 5 artists that will pull in guests would be great in my opinion. But it would also be a risk, which is why it may not happen. The former option I mentioned is less of a risk and probably more likely.

:)

Re: Re: The Return Of Concerts...

BigDave said:
True but would that be family friendly considering this is a family park?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't think someone singing about her lovely lady lumps is family friendly...

With some shock rock/metal bands excluded I still think a lot of pop/r&b are less family friendly, then the majority of rock and metal.

A lot of 80s rock sings about sex, but at least they have the ability to be a bit more subtle about it!

We will never see "decent" bands play, because of the stigma of it not being family friendly.

Tbh. Howard shore and band should play. Concerning hobbits on a 10 hour loop... LET IT HAPPEN.

Re: Re: The Return Of Concerts...

Fredward said:
We will never see "decent" bands play, because of the stigma of it not being family friendly.

Thing is, what is 'decent' in your eyes may not be 'decent' in other people's. And vice versa. That's why it's almost a lose lose situation for Towers and concerts, people will always complain that they've not got the airtist they like or the genre of music they prefer. At the end of the day they need to go for what is generally popular amounst their main target audience, families. Alton Towers Live did this perfectly!

:)