• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Shoutbox

Ben said:
Is it wrong I secretly hope its broken and gone to the towers street in the sky?

You are not in your Tavern now, and what you said is akin to treason on my thread.

Craig said:
I'm all for things evolving - it's just think it's a shame to have some damn good points made in there and for them to be lost without giving others chance to participate because they weren't online at the time :).

I agree with this you know, but Craig those debates wouldn't take place without it - they aren't mutually exclusive. The debates that flare up capture that moment of passion about a subject, and allows real time discussions, you end up having rewrite a post numerous times to not double post when responding to new subjects, and it can get difficult to manage in a thread.

However, I hope it is noted that I do respect this place, and after having a good thrash out in the shoutbox, am often inspired to create a thread, or respond to an existing one. It is also easier to have real time "feeling and sentiment" which can get lost in threads, it seldom gets as hostile in Shout as it does in threads for that exact reason. Ironically, this is an assistant to another issue raised on the thread "controversy" lol!! BigT resolved old differences, in the shoutbox, because the thread created friction - the two worked in tandem together excellently

I know what I would implement to fix this issue, but I'd doubt (with the greatest of respect of course) that it is possible for what is essentially a privately run enthusiast website lol!

The Shout Box is brilliant, perhaps just reminding people if they have a topic that gets really stuck into, to also make a considered thread to the same ends, to ensure everyone on site has an opportunity to be involved:

Essentially - Don't exclude the shout box, but ensure those who use it, remember to create topics so they themselves also don't exclude others who may wish to join in. Given most are friends, I am sure that habit can be developed?

Or am I living in my idealistic la-la land again? ;D

TheMan said:
Ben said:
Is it wrong I secretly hope its broken and gone to the towers street in the sky?

You are not in your Tavern now, and what you said is akin to treason on my thread.

Craig said:
I'm all for things evolving - it's just think it's a shame to have some damn good points made in there and for them to be lost without giving others chance to participate because they weren't online at the time :).

I agree with this you know, but Craig those debates wouldn't take place without it - they aren't mutually exclusive. The debates that flare up capture that moment of passion about a subject, and allows real time discussions, you end up having rewrite a post numerous times to not double post when responding to new subjects, and it can get difficult to manage in a thread.

However, I hope it is noted that I do respect this place, and after having a good thrash out in the shoutbox, am often inspired to create a thread, or respond to an existing one. It is also easier to have real time "feeling and sentiment" which can get lost in threads, it seldom gets as hostile in Shout as it does in threads for that exact reason.

I know what I would implement to fix this issue, but I'd doubt (with the greatest of respect of course) that it is possible for what is essentially a privately run enthusiast website lol!

The Shout Box is brilliant, perhaps just reminding people if they have a topic that gets really stuck into, to also make a considered thread to the same ends, to ensure everyone on site has an opportunity to be involved:

Essentially - Don't exclude the shout box, but ensure those who use it, remember to create topics so they themselves also don't exclude others who may wish to join in. Given most are friends, I am sure that habit can be developed?

Or am I living in my idealistic la-la land again? ;D

Plus without the shoutbox out PWH Meet Idea would never have come about.

Right, since those in the shoutbox will not give me a serious answer, how do I make my username on the side disappear and appear in the text.

So I've now been banned from the shoutbox for telling someone to be careful, so I'll now say goodbye here (providing it gets posted).

Free speak is important to me and I don't see how having every post moderated helps the forum or the flow of the conversation so no longer wish to contribute.
I'm sure I will be missed by some members whereas others will be glad to see the back of me.

It's been fun, we've had plenty of disagreements but I still came back for more because I don't hold grudges and still considered you all as my Internet friends.

Take care of yourselves and look after each other.

Big T

(Mods please post this as its genuine and will be my last ever post)

Novas said:
Quick one: I can see the SB on my phone but It's always blank on the laptop. What plugin am I missing?!

Not quite sure Novas, which browser are you using?

Craig said:
Novas said:
Quick one: I can see the SB on my phone but It's always blank on the laptop. What plugin am I missing?!

Not quite sure Novas, which browser are you using?

Good thinking Batman.

Must be due to a disabled add on in IE as I can see it if I use another browser.

On IE, view the site in compatability mode. Thats what I do. The SB then becomes visible.