• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Sinking Ship: (Un)Love Letters to Merlin

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Did a price check at shark hotel opening weekend(fri/sat) it cost more with prem map than buying direct off the website. And you got ultimate fast track too! What’s that all about??

Did a price check at shark hotel opening weekend(fri/sat) it cost more with prem map than buying direct off the website. And you got ultimate fast track too! What’s that all about??
Someone at Merlin probably got mixed up and they forgot to proofread the website. Wouldn't surprise me judging by the amount of grammatical errors in Alton Towers!

I wonder what Walt would have thought of nick?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
One can wonder. For all we know, Walt might have looked up to Nick with great pride. I also wonder what the Partners statue would look like if Walt Disney was replaced with Nick Varney...

Walt Disney was one of the great visionaries of his time. Nick Varney is the CEO of a company who's share price continues to head in one direction.

:)
So the Partners statue with Nick Varney would probably consist of Nick Varney crying for mercy, with Mickey replaced by a picture of Merlin’s share price.

Walt Disney was one of the great visionaries of his time. Nick Varney is the CEO of a company who's share price continues to head in one direction.
To be fair, if they built a coaster with a profile that mirrored the share price it would be an utter dream...

WcEHaPU.png

(I say that as I face the grim reality of being a shareholder, as I watch my pension drop into Oblivion, albeit perhaps only temporarily).

To be fair, if they built a coaster with a profile that mirrored the share price it would be an utter dream...

WcEHaPU.png

(I say that as I face the grim reality of being a shareholder, as I watch my pension drop into Oblivion, albeit perhaps only temporarily).
As an enthusiast, you should know - "THERE IS NO HAPPY ENDING!"

WcEHaPU.png

Ooh! That would have lots of lovely airtime! Thorpe Park Project 2020 anyone? ;)

Last edited:
Speaking of Thorpe Park I'm guessing that AT were allready committed to Wickerman before the well publicised reduction in Merlin RTP budgets.

Project 2020 was around the time... Will be interesting to see if this goes ahead. If if does the signs are good. If it doesn't then that may indicate a delay in the roll out of future SW projects at Towers :(

Interesting that the shares have plummeted way more now than they did following The Smiler crash. I guess the market expected them to make a comeback but now they’ve decided otherwise.

If it doesn't then that may indicate a delay in the roll out of future SW projects at Towers :(

At the moment, they can delay all future SW projects, I would rather see the reinstatement of the rides that are SBNO, have all the major rides open at 10, ERT brought back to an hour, more food outlet available during the peak days, maybe longer opening times.

At the end of the day, whats the point of building new rollercoasters if only half of the park is shut or open half a day? A new ride, no matter how good it is, is going to make me visit a park that is half shut.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.