• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Did it four times today, every bit as enjoyable as ever, i don't think it's riding too bad at all.
It's got a lot of heavy lifting to do with Nemesis being out of action this year, let's hope for reliability.

Did it four times today, every bit as enjoyable as ever, i don't think it's riding too bad at all.
It's got a lot of heavy lifting to do with Nemesis being out of action this year, let's hope for reliability.
Best ride at towers, best ride in the country. Nemesis the only ride that rivals it but that isn't open so there's a huge gap in quality now between the best and 2nd best on park

It’s a shame that since the buy out days zero work has taken place on The Smiler.

The ride is by far the worse on park for it’s appearance, closely now followed by Galactica.

It’s mouldy, dirty, grimy and just a mess all over. From the moment you join the queue, get to the indoor queue, go up the stairs, the station and the exit. The whole lot looks like it’s not seen a mop, jet wash, paint brush or a bit of elbow grease for years.

Surely the management can’t be proud of the ride? Would it really take much over closed season to jet wash the queue and maybe sort the mould out? I’m surprised they’ve not just tried to paint over it, but they haven’t even done that this season.

If the mould has not been treated, it is a health risk to all, and the park can (an should) be reported for putting the paying public and staff at risk from a clear repiratory infection hazard.
The scientific evidence is all out there, it isn't just mouldy social housing that is a risk to health.
A couple of 20 litre tubs of hypochlorite solution and a pump sprayer are the answer, less than a couple of hundred quid in total, including staff costs of application.
If I know that as a bodging gardener...
Shame on you Merlin!

It’s a shame that since the buy out days zero work has taken place on The Smiler.

The ride is by far the worse on park for it’s appearance, closely now followed by Galactica.

It’s mouldy, dirty, grimy and just a mess all over. From the moment you join the queue, get to the indoor queue, go up the stairs, the station and the exit. The whole lot looks like it’s not seen a mop, jet wash, paint brush or a bit of elbow grease for years.

Surely the management can’t be proud of the ride? Would it really take much over closed season to jet wash the queue and maybe sort the mould out? I’m surprised they’ve not just tried to paint over it, but they haven’t even done that this season.

No excuse here but I suspect Galactic a will see something next year with Nemesis opening, so I guess they just haven't bothered.

The Smiler, well, it feels to me like it's really unloved by the park. Maybe X Sector is due a refurb so they are holding out for that?

The Smiler, well, it feels to me like it's really unloved by the park. Maybe X Sector is due a refurb so they are holding out for that?
Especially as much of the park is actually being cared for now, The Smiler seems more unloved than usual. It's The Smiler's 10th anniversary Merlin, please at least give it a wash!

In your opinion 😉
Yes but that's all that matters is our opinion. That's why it's called an opinion, because everyone is different and you represent what you believe not what others do. Most people think Nemesis is the best which I think is false but it isn't actually false as this is all subjective

It'll interesting to see what happens with this ride over the coming years. Fan boys and girls aside it gets a lot of negative comments, borderline hate whenever AT use it for marketing online. The ride is rough and people who love it will look past that, but ask anyone that isn't biased after riding it and they will tell you it's rough. It's more than just changing wheels on the cars, it's the quality/stability of the track and the transitions. Look back to the early days on this thread and people were saying it was a rough ride when new!
It's an all round unenjoyable ride experience from the theme, the music, the hellish queue and the bone shaking ride. This and Thirteen are the parks most expensive mistakes for sure.

I like the ride and don't think it's rough. That's not because "I'm looking past it" either, I genuinely don't think it's rough. It has a few jolts - inversions 2, 12 and 13 - but I'm not just saying it's not rough for me because I like it, I'm saying it's not rough because I'm yet to experience an uncomfortable ride!