• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Space Topic

But I now want to hear your detailed explanation of the six types of quarks Matt, and precisely why it matters!
Prefer a bit of strangeness myself, obviously.
If I’m remembering correctly, it had something to do with dictating the charges of the sub-atomic particles (protons, neutrons, and electrons). I remember a neutron had an up-down-down quark composition, which gave it a neutral charge, whilst a proton had an up-up-down quark composition, which gave it a positive charge.

Beyond that, I don’t really remember an awful lot… I remember there being a lot of terminology, but I can’t really remember much of what it actually meant. Like I said, I mostly remember Particle Physics as a load of strange-sounding terminology that resulted in dumbfounded giggles from anyone I tried to explain it to…

In hindsight, it really is a wonder that I managed to get an A in Physics given how poorly I can recall aspects of the course only 2 years later…

Steering things mildly back on topic, I don’t think we actually did relativity as a unit of our A Level, come to think of it. We did a big module on space, where we studied a lot of Hertzsprung-Russell diagrams and stuff to do with the Big Bang and the lifecycle of stars and such, but I think relativity was just something that our teacher gave us a brief introduction to one lesson for fun rather than something we properly covered in our A Level.

I still think that on paper, time dilation sounds like something straight out of a sci-fi film, even though I know very well that relativity is a real scientific concept… I just find the whole thing quite confusing and hard to comprehend!

Starship is due to launch just after 1pm our time. Whatever happens, it should be spectacular!

Just about every Space youtuber has their own stream, but I'm tuned in to EDA (he's been going since 4am!) as his production values are better than Space X themselves.

From: https://www.youtube.com/live/ixZpBOxMopc?si=-BQec81MRpQOQ8Fz

What a spectacular event that was, some of those views and the seamless transitions between stages was incredible! Seeing starship improve in each and every test has been a helluva journey. Only feels like yesterday that we saw starhopper jump across the Boca Chica base.