• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Is it known if Flavio’s Fandango will now be removed? I would like to the name and sign to be retained but a Beakdance installed in the location. I am hoping the cue line can be rerouted, so that the theatre can reopen next year. I would be happy if the theatre and Cuckoo Cars Driving School can be rethemed,as a second phase of The World Of David Williams.

Is it known if Flavio’s Fandango will now be removed? I would like to the name and sign to be retained but a Beakdance installed in the location. I am hoping the cue line can be rerouted, so that the theatre can reopen next year. I would be happy if the theatre and Cuckoo Cars Driving School can be rethemed,as a second phase of The World Of David Williams.
I assume it will be removed, yes, as it was part of the temporary ride deal. The showman will want to tour it again as Sizzlers are extremely common (and popular) at funfairs.

Last edited:
Each to their own, but the Sizzler is the only one of the temp flats I actually enjoy.
Yes it was one of the better ones, it was actually quite forceful as well. Off ride it looks slow and tame, but when you're on it, it is deceptively fast, more so than when you see them at funfairs. If it does stay - or something similar in it's place - they seriously need to speed up the loading and unloading process. I think it's second only to Oblivion for getting on and off being longer than the ride itself!

Yes it was one of the better ones, it was actually quite forceful as well. Off ride it looks slow and tame, but when you're on it, it is deceptively fast, more so than when you see them at funfairs. If it does stay - or something similar in it's place - they seriously need to speed up the loading and unloading process. I think it's second only to Oblivion for getting on and off being longer than the ride itself!
As has been said in the Retrosquad thread, only the ops (Showmen) load and unload guests which is why it takes a while. Towers own hosts just let guests in to and out of the ride area. If Towers get their own permanent flats they will be able to have multiple hosts checking restraints, which will speed up load and unload times considerably.

As has been said in the Retrosquad thread, only the ops (Showmen) load and unload guests which is why it takes a while. Towers own hosts just let guests in to and out of the ride area. If Towers get their own permanent flats they will be able to have multiple hosts checking restraints, which will speed up load and unload times considerably.
But in the case of Flavios, the main delay is the 1 group/car at a time loading and having to wait until the op calls you. I guess it's because the op has to balance the weight between the arms but I wouldn't have thought the ride is that delicate that one car of an adult and child would make that much of a difference if they sat in the wrong place? I can't see that rule of waiting until called changing should Flavios become a Towers ride.

But in the case of Flavios, the main delay is the 1 group/car at a time loading and having to wait until the op calls you. I guess it's because the op has to balance the weight between the arms but I wouldn't have thought the ride is that delicate that one car of an adult and child would make that much of a difference if they sat in the wrong place? I can't see that rule of waiting until called changing should Flavios become a Towers ride.

Wear on parts/ bearings and joints may wear unevenly if not loaded right

Oh when I last rode Flavio's, it wasn't 1 group at a time, they just let everyone on at once because I remember us choosing our own seats without being called forward for it.

Flavios would be a great ride to put indoors in one of the many mothballed buildings in the area. Keep the name, add some disco lighting and a better soundtrack and you would have a really strong attraction. Stick the fart drop ride thing on Flavios’ current site to allow for a new queue line and then obviously reopen the 4D theatre and probably retheme the driving school. You’ll then have a decent themed area.

They just let everyone on at once because I remember us choosing our own seats without being called forward for it.
Yeah that's what they do at funfairs too. You also can pull the restraint down yourself and the op/attendant will check it.

Flavios would be a great ride to put indoors in one of the many mothballed buildings in the area. Keep the name, add some disco lighting and a better soundtrack and you would have a really strong attraction. Stick the fart drop ride thing on Flavios’ current site to allow for a new queue line and then obviously reopen the 4D theatre and probably retheme the driving school. You’ll then have a decent themed area.
I think this is a good idea actually. They wouldn't look as cheap inside a decent looking building, they could add some effects, it would tidy the area up a bit and it's something else to do when it's raining.

Last edited:
I think that’s a great idea as well, flashing lights, smoke effects, good soundtrack, indoors, it’d be quite a good ride! It’s already pretty good as it is, deceptively quicker than it looks!

Yeah I think that's a great idea too. fully-enclosed indoor flat rides are actually quite rare in this country, which is strange given the weather we get! :confused:
Also, Towers have added Flavios to the Christmas event. :)

Apparently Flavio's has been bought by Towers. That's great news if true! :)
have Towers said this?
I don't like it at all if true. I sort of get why they might want to keep the ride temporary in Walliams world until they add some other rides to it however it's a temporary ride and shouldn't be kept permanently. Yes another year or so I could understand however not permanent.
It would make sense as to why it's on the christmas event though.

have Towers said this?
I don't like it at all if true. I sort of get why they might want to keep the ride temporary in Walliams world until they add some other rides to it however it's a temporary ride and shouldn't be kept permanently. Yes another year or so I could understand however not permanent.
A staff member in the hotel shop told a friend of mine.
We'll find out for certain next season.

have Towers said this?
Why not? Ripsaw was a travelling ride with theming (ok may not have been the travelling model but still a ride designed for travelling). As it is at the moment, Flavios looks very "fairground" but if it is now owned by Towers, then they should invest in more theming to hide the "travelling fairground ride" look. As someone said before, stick it indoors, add projections on the walls to make it look like a ballroom, [disco] lighting and they'll really help create that ballroom dancing/Strictly vibe! Even the ride op hut could be opened up to look the judges desk!