• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The world's worst themed coasters.

It's not the worlds worst themed coaster but Primeval Whirl surely deserves a mention for the fact that it's at a Disney park...

Scott said:
It's not the worlds worst themed coaster but Primeval Whirl surely deserves a mention for the fact that it's at a Disney park...

Scott gets one in the definite category.

PrimevalWhirl2.jpg

www.wdwtourguide.com

The cars are pretty funky though!

Primeval-Whirl.jpg

www.diszine.com

It's also been the scene of two fatal and tragic accidents!

Those pyramids aren't very convincing, they can't even get the sides straight.

TheMan said:
Scott said:

Scott gets one in the definite category.

PrimevalWhirl2.jpg

www.wdwtourguide.com

The cars are pretty funky though!

Primeval-Whirl.jpg

www.diszine.com

It's also been the scene of two fatal and tragic accidents!

And as a counter point, I highly recommended exploring the backstory of the land it sits in, because that gives the context for Primeval Whirl and the rest of the land.
http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140512/17958/6-awesome-spots-tell-story-dinoland-disney-s-animal-kingdom]
[url]http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140512/17958/6-awesome-spots-tell-story-dinoland-disney-s-animal-kingdom
[/url]

In short, its a smart piece of satire.

HaydenCR said:
And as a counter point, I highly recommended
exploring the backstory of the land it sits in, because that gives the context for Primeval Whirl and the rest of the land.

In short, its a smart piece of satire.

Fixed the link but yes agreed, consider Primeval Whirl debunked! It forms part of a back story that I can actually imagine happening. According to that link, some of the subtlety of theme is actually extraordinary. Masking a fishing lodge into a restaurant - at some points I was reading it thinking, hang on, was this actually a fishing lodge before it was converted?

To go to that level of detail, to include even notes from students to each other, and those random chairs on the roof lol!

Ha! Clever. It may be garish beyond belief with an awful theme, but when it's part of the tapestry of the area and it was purposefully over the top, in the context of the story it's actually perfect.

I actually find it quite charming now!

I don't care how much clunky plot exposition they cram on to notice boards (that no one will ever read), the very idea that Disney installed not one, but TWO Reverchon spinning mice means the whole chain should be struck off the list of credible parks forever.

You know it's bad when Pleasurewood Hills saw getting rid of a Reverchob mouse as progress, yet Disney have two ;)

In fairness though, I hold my hand up to not realising the detail to the Dinoland theme. Doesn't stop the ride looking pants though :p

Scott said:
You know it's bad when Pleasurewood Hills saw getting rid of a Reverchob mouse as progress, yet Disney have two ;)

In fairness though, I hold my hand up to not realising the detail to the Dinoland theme. Doesn't stop the ride looking pants though :p

I do agree it looks pants, but it's hard to include it in the "World's worst themed coasters" when it was designed to be exactly that and to compliment the existing area - which it does.

DiogoJ42 said:
I don't care how much clunky plot exposition they cram on to notice boards (that no one will ever read), the very idea that Disney installed not one, but TWO Reverchon spinning mice means the whole chain should be struck off the list of credible parks forever.

Objection sustained.

As much as Primeval looks awful, thanks for the informative link!