• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Artwork/Community Crafting

mo237

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Symbolica
Couldn't find a general topic for stuff like this, forgive me if there is one...

We all express our love for the park in different ways - some wear ride shirts, others listen to the CD in the car - the crazy among us make art pieces. Thought it'd be a fun idea to share any drawings, models etc. we may have made.

Seeing as I've started this topic, I might as well deliver the goods. Couple weeks back I was sat in the pub, and noticed how the red and white wax from the candles sort of resembled everyone's favourite space crab. So naturally, I rushed to the art shop, got loads of foam and clay, and spent almost every day for the following two weeks sculpting a little Nemesis.

20240229_204013 (1).jpg

20240229_204040.jpg

20240229_204119.jpg

20240229_204122.jpg

I took a few creative liberties here and there, but I'm absolutely chuffed with how this impromptu piece came out. Threw together a cheeky making of if anyone's interested.

Can't wait to see what else people have created!

That's a pretty great model you've got there, love the mood lighting.

I too have been dabbling in theme park fan art via different mediums. I'm particularly proud of my own Nem-eye-sis canvas panels based off a pin produced a few years ago, modelling paste is very fun (and expensive) to work with.

1710195218542.png
1710195587406.png
1710195353000.png

Here's mine
20200404_131233.jpg

I think I got it quite accurate
1710196558287.png

(in all seriousness, I'm not taking the mick, the stuff posted so far in this thread is awesome and far, far superior to anything I could ever do. In my defence, this was back in lockdown when Towers ran a thing for you to post a picture of something Towers-related you created at home. And with it being in the first lockdown I had an excess of toilet rolls. I'm especially proud of the 'bush' at the front).

An older one now (2018 shortly after it'd opened), I painted Wickerman in my imagining of the fire effects at night!

eleanor-richards-wickerman-small.jpg

Got a few more park things in various states of completion, made the very bad decision of "do a drawing of every coaster I go on this year" which has gone as far as sketching out Taron a few months ago, alongside a general goal to do some original concept stuff!

Couldn't find a general topic for stuff like this, forgive me if there is one...

We all express our love for the park in different ways - some wear ride shirts, others listen to the CD in the car - the crazy among us make art pieces. Thought it'd be a fun idea to share any drawings, models etc. we may have made.

Seeing as I've started this topic, I might as well deliver the goods. Couple weeks back I was sat in the pub, and noticed how the red and white wax from the candles sort of resembled everyone's favourite space crab. So naturally, I rushed to the art shop, got loads of foam and clay, and spent almost every day for the following two weeks sculpting a little Nemesis.

20240229_204013 (1).jpg

20240229_204040.jpg

20240229_204119.jpg

20240229_204122.jpg

I took a few creative liberties here and there, but I'm absolutely chuffed with how this impromptu piece came out. Threw together a cheeky making of if anyone's interested.

Can't wait to see what else people have created!
OOOOOH that's a proper proper craftin'! Looks great, and has inspired me to try something now the Planet Coaster build contest is over haha

I did actually have a stab about making my own nemesis. There is a lot more.. creative liberties with this one. I made it out of your bog standard clay, and I’ve never painted before so there was a struggle with it so I’m not particularly proud of it, but I might try again with some polymer clay (that I like much better!)
7B51DB24-7E2E-4771-AEA7-EACD3034A718.jpeg02E912DD-63F6-4F7D-B014-368769F63C6C.jpegE86AAFE4-CD25-4C95-AE6A-A25530A4B60F.jpeg23E64624-B60F-4736-8DD4-DECFBEF2D25A.jpeg38689635-0B02-4DB6-BA1F-931FDAFCE127.jpeg

Also, I know this is mainly an Alton towers forum, but could we broaden the thread subject a bit to just stuff we make in relation to theme parks? Or is there already something for that?

I did actually have a stab about making my own nemesis. There is a lot more.. creative liberties with this one. I made it out of your bog standard clay, and I’ve never painted before so there was a struggle with it so I’m not particularly proud of it, but I might try again with some polymer clay (that I like much better!)

Also, I know this is mainly an Alton towers forum, but could we broaden the thread subject a bit to just stuff we make in relation to theme parks? Or is there already something for that?

What a wicked rendition! Particularly love how you've gone about the track part of the arms. Very much reminds me of something from The Thing (enclosed in spoiler tags as it's pretty frightening stuff).

1710266044386.png

I've ammended the title to "Theme Park Artwork/Community Crafting" as to widen the scope as you suggested.

What a wicked rendition! Particularly love how you've gone about the track part of the arms. Very much reminds me of something from The Thing (enclosed in spoiler tags as it's pretty frightening stuff).

1710266044386.png

I've ammended the title to "Theme Park Artwork/Community Crafting" as to widen the scope as you suggested.
Yes, I did lean into the thing a lot, that was very perceptive. I saw the actual prop of that head at universal, I wouldn’t be surprised if the real nemesis took some queues from the thing too

1710266044386.png
Hmmmm…..

C2615663-B87B-4305-92C8-16899C3C6E2E.jpeg
Prehaps that’s what happened to him
Didn’t Bianca say something about how they could use Alton Towers IP in different media anyway?

Last edited:
My reaction to this discovery:

Nemesis Morris.png

Jokes aside this looks like a wonderful little project - will you be doing the spooky old book as well?

My reaction to this discovery:

Nemesis Morris.png

Jokes aside this looks like a wonderful little project - will you be doing the spooky old book as well?
Good idea. Might do… probably want to paint the idol/warning thing first