• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Body

I can not really comment on the skin thing. However I used to get a similar thing to the dizziness and nausea, that did stop me from riding coasters for a couple of years.

I found out it was a type of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Basically it is when otoconia (small bits of calcium) that are normally found on the walls of semicircular canals, have broken loose and are floating around causing phantom signals to go to the brain.

To sort the problem out I had to do a exercise called The Epley procedure. It cleared it up after a week or so of doing the exercise.

There are two ride at AT that caused me to do the exercise again, spinball and two ride on the smiler about an hour apart.

Headaches are common.

Prevention: Don't ride Infusion, keep blood sugar levels correct by eating (been there, not done that and felt awful to prove it)

Cure: Burning yourself alive or paracetamol.

delta79 said:
I can not really comment on the skin thing. However I used to get a similar thing to the dizziness and nausea, that did stop me from riding coasters for a couple of years.

I found out it was a type of Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Basically it is when otoconia (small bits of calcium) that are normally found on the walls of semicircular canals, have broken loose and are floating around causing phantom signals to go to the brain.

To sort the problem out I had to do a exercise called The Epley procedure. It cleared it up after a week or so of doing the exercise.

There are two ride at AT that caused me to do the exercise again, spinball and two ride on the smiler about an hour apart.

Can you tell me any more about this? Was it a sudden onset thing and how did it get diagnosed? It would be good to hear it from a coaster fan rather than a random sufferer. I wonder if this might be one of my problems as I've been suffering in day-to-day situations as well as at parks now (I went to Specsavers and they told me it was migraine). I shall look into it more myself at the weekend I think - thanks for the heads-up!

I tend to get nose bleeds after the first few rides of the day along with a major headache. As I have weak blood vessels in my nose after many rugby injuries I find going on intense rides first pops them :I