• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park music that makes you feel happy

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Music is a big part of theme parks, and when done particularly well, it can stir up some emotions at times. So I thought that with all currently going on in the world, we could all do with some happy feelings, and with that in mind, my question to you today is; what theme park music makes you happy? Is there any theme park audio that just makes you feel that little bit warmer inside as soon as you turn it on?

For me, I've got a few, but these two in particular stick out:
  • The first is this Katanga Canyon theme from Alton Towers; I don't know why, but hearing this has never failed to brighten my day. This track just always makes me feel happy, for some reason:

• And I'd also have to say that hearing IOA's entry music never fails to make me smile. Perhaps it's because IOA is my favourite park and hearing this takes me back to all my wonderful times there, but it always makes me feel happy:

But what theme park tracks always make you feel happy?

The first is this Katanga Canyon theme from Alton Towers; I don't know why, but hearing this has never failed to brighten my day. This track just always makes me feel happy, for some reason:
I have to agree with this one but will also add a few others:
  • nemesis theme tune - as I’ve said before this is one of the best crafted bits of theme music ever.
  • hall of the mountain king
  • oblivion theme time - this one makes me smile just thinking of it like the Katanga one. It’s just a great bit of techno style music. Always great to hear in the queue for oblivion.

The tracks which play in the half hour or so before IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth are some of my favourite background music.

Although I keep expecting them to be interrupted with the “in just 15 minutes we welcome you to enjoy Illuminations…”
I also love the opening speech prior to the show too, “we’ve gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all nations have done for thousands of years. To share the light and to share a story, an amazing story, as old as time itself, but still being written…” (yes I’ve memorised it).

The old charlie and the chocolate factory music makes me very happy because it reminds me of being a kid, but my favourite current ones are definitely the Nemesis music and the Oblivion music. Nemesis because I love the ride and it reminds me of it, and Oblivion because as @JAperson said it's a great bit of techno which first of all just sounds good, but I also just find it quite funny because I don't know a ride with music like it. Plus it reminds me of the opening of Eyeless by Slipknot which is a song I like.

dfhfjikuoloutt.jpg

Towers Street (the original Graham Smart version)

Nemesis theme

The Flume queue line music

TT Music

Air original theme

Ug Land theme

Hex theme

The “resort/monorail” theme from around 2006-8

CATCF

Thunder Rock Rally Radio

Newer themes probably just Wickerman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk