• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park video games - what's your favourite?

Tibble

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
What is everyone's favourite theme park video games? I'm currently playing Rollercoaster Tycoon again but I'm excited to see what this Planet Coaster will be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've moved this thread to the Box Office, it's better suited here than it is in the Tavern!

I used to love RCT3 but my poor old laptop cannot cope with it anymore. I'm hoping to get a PC capable of playing Planet Coaster at some point next year.

:)

The only games I've played are RCT 1 and 3, Thrillville for the Wii, and Roller Coaster World for the PS2. RCT3 is obviously fun, 1 is good but I couldn't get into that. Thrillville is just average at best and Roller Coaster World is awful.

Really wanna play Planet Coaster and No Limits 2 at some point though. Need a new PC for that which I plan on getting anyway someday.

Having a lot of fun with Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic which has recently launched on the app store. Seems to be a mix of RCT1 and 2, the interface works surprisingly well on touch screen. An absolute shed load of scenarios to play through. Can also download the scenario editor/expansion packs.

Upgraded my PC this Christmas so I could play Planet Coaster and it was worth it. However it still struggles with 8gb of RAM and a GTX780 with a heavy prim park with 10k or more guests. I tend to stay clear of those massive parks, the game is fantastic though :D

I've been playing Planet Coaster since November and loving it, racked up over 200+ hours now.

I would say Spike, that when you start having large parks with 10k+ guests the struggling is caused mainly by the CPU rather than the graphics card. This game is one of the most CPU intensive games around and you really need a high end CPU to do the game justice. Sure, large amounts of RAM and a decent GPU is essential too, but the CPU is more important in this game, than say your average game, a lot of that is down to the complex and brilliant looking peep simulations going on. But I absolutely agree with you, the game is stunning in every way. The level of customisation and freedom you get is amazingly good.

I am running it on a AMD FX8350 8 core processor, 16GB RAM and a GTX960 and this game also struggles a lot on the huge parks with lots of guests. But in normal situations my PC runs the game pretty well. Hopefully going to get a GTX1060 at the end of the month so that I can run the game comfortably on the top graphics settings, that all depends on how much dosh I have left over after payday though.

I occasionally go on No Limits 2, mainly just to use some of the stunningly detailed rides people have put on the Steam workshop. No Limits 2 has just had a new update last week actually, completely reworking the lighting engine in the game, it looks stunning now to say the least.

Last edited:
NL2, even if the amount of hours to get one coaster fairly decent is around 1,000,000