• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

It's a shame his mood seems to be clouding judgement on certain parks and coasters.

Eg Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Both of them didn't enjoy Iron Rattler at all, but most people rate that as a very good RMC. Same with Lightning Rod.

I love the fact that he didn't enjoy one of the best looking coasters in the world but highly rated some overpriced sheds...

Looking at his schedule, yeah the plan is awful. I've never seen anyone plan a park in Texas and the East Coast on the same trip. With the little breaks he's having, it's gonna excuse him and not going to enjoy it as a result (which is why I think he doesn't rate some of the creds he's done). If you're doing America, you need to stick to a region at best if you're doing it in a limited time.

I don't follow TPW, but this trip I find bemusing. He's clearly not short of cash to be doing so many trips all the time, so why on earth is he rushing himself so much, on what is going to be an expensive trip regardless of how you do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted
I don't follow TPW, but this trip I find bemusing. He's clearly not short of cash to be doing so many trips all the time, so why on earth is he rushing himself so much, on what is going to be an expensive trip regardless of how you do it?
Probably because he promised to take his girlfriend on a European trip, they're on it now, and then the Florida Parks.

Then says blackpool closes early but its still OK to visit there, because he hasn't experienced it personally. I don't mind him but that comment reeked of self entitlement.

Obviously it's a disappointment, and it's his own preference what he does but personally he's said before he enjoys parks as a whole, but on this trip it just seems like a massive rushed cred hunt. Surely two days at some parks, would have made it more enjoyable?

Just seems like a really poorly planned trip overall. They didn't seem to be enjoying themselves at half of the parks, probably because they're so tired.

Isn't visiting a new park supposed to be fun, not a mad cred dash on 2 hours of sleep?

That's the problem. TPW goes to parks so frequently, they've turned something that should be an enjoyable time / holiday into a grinding, tiring job. Having too much of anything is ultimately detrimental to your fun and enjoyment. You need to have time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience. Chasing creds will just turn him into a basket case. :p

I like Shawn, he's a nice person and is good at what he does. I don't care at all for vlogs but I have been dipping in and out of some of his USA vlogs, mainly because I visited many of the same parks last year and am interested to see how his thoughts on various rides compare to mine.

It always looked like a rather ambitious schedule and it is proving to be that way. I had no idea for example that they were planning on driving overnight from Cedar Point to Dollywood, taking it in turns to sleep in the car. That is no way to go about a trip like this! Last year we travelled from Kings Island to Dollywood, so not as far as they had to travel, yet we had that as a travel day which meant we could take it easy and have a nice relaxing late afternoon/evening upon arrival.

The recommendation not to visit Kings Island because they closed an hour early was a complete overreaction. Yes it was disappointing but I feel tiredness really got the better of them there. Same goes for Shawn not being able to shake off his illness, with a lack of quality rest/sleep you aren't going to get better.

Ultimately though this trip is business for Shawn. I'd imagine a lot of time has to go in to filming content and putting it all together. I can only assume that this makes it harder to fully enjoy/appreciate the parks, but we are all different and what I enjoy is different to what others enjoy.

I'm more worried about his general nutrition. It makes me ill just watching think that all he is eating is chicken nuggets, chips and hotdogs. He get's away with it because of the walking around parks all day but that can't be doing anything for his health.

Did anyone else watch Shawn's Six Flags Over Georgia vlog? Shawn is of course entitled to his own opinion, but I did personally feel that it was a tad unfair for him to not recommend the park based off of a minor misunderstanding about a ride closure, which they were compensated for.

I'm more worried about his general nutrition. It makes me ill just watching think that all he is eating is chicken nuggets, chips and hotdogs. He get's away with it because of the walking around parks all day but that can't be doing anything for his health.

Again, not watching, but the parks do have plenty of alternative slop (bar Dollywood) to eat...

Sounds like as much effort goes into sensible eating as it does trip planning...

And what happened in Georgia? Not all of us are bothering so details do actually help...

And what happened in Georgia? Not all of us are bothering so details do actually help...
Right, let me tell you the full story. It goes something like this:
  • To start with, Shawn went to ride the park's flying coaster. While he was in the station, there was a weather delay. He asked the ride staff if the ride would reopen later in the day. They told him that all of the rides would remain closed for the rest of the day.
  • Shawn then went to speak to the park manager, who told him that this was wrong and compensated him, Alex and Brett with free Fastracks to ride the remaining coasters they needed to get. Despite this, Shawn was very angry about the whole ordeal and kept referencing it and moaning about it for the rest of the day.
  • They then went to a junior coaster once the storm had cleared, and they were told that it wouldn't be opening for the rest of the day because "the track was too wet". This angered Shawn massively, and along with the events above, this triggered him to say that he's never returning to Six Flags Over Georgia.

Knoebels really is a delightful place. I only spent 90 minutes there rushing around to get as much done as possible and loved the place. It's just got real charm and some unique original attractions.