• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Sorry for double posting, but I’d be interested to know; what’s everyone’s favourite row on Thirteen?

Personally, I’m undecided; I’ve done both row 1 and row 10, and while I think the first drop is great on the back, and some of the outdoor twists become a bit more thrilling at the back, there are some really nice, sharp pops of ejector in the front that you don’t get as much in the back (from memory, at least; it’s a few years since I’ve done row 10), and the front effectively begins to function as the back in the backwards section!

Hopefully I might be able to get a row 10 if they get those dummies removed soon…

It's one of the few coasters I really don't think it matter on. The main coaster section is so tame and forceless it really makes little difference. Front row purely for the view then.
For me, the first drop is only good in the back. Otherwise I agree that it doesn't matter.

The best part of the ride is the same in every row which is the drop track. The best part of the outdoor section is the first drop but only on back row, on the front row it's not even much of a real drop at all. Front row in the backwards section can be enjoyable, back row very unremarkable. I've never ever experienced the airtime you've suggested on the front row of the incredibly poor outdoor section, the only semblance of fun outdoors can therefore only be obtained at the back. So the best rounded experience has to be the back for me

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

If you're at the front, the outdoor section is pretty rubbish yet the backwards section if fun. If you're at the back, vice versa.

As has been said, the only truly good part of Th13teen is the drop track, which is the same wherever you sit.

Strangely, I actually find the backwards section a bit more vigorous than the outdoor section; it actually feels surprisingly forceful, and I’ll admit I was surprised at how little track the backwards section actually entails when I first saw it, as it feels far longer than just the one helix!

Apologies if this has been picked up on in another thread it very well may have been - but Thirteen now only has 2 rows of dummies on each train - rows 9 and 10, they’ve been removed from row 8 I noticed today so rows 1-8 are being completely filled.

Apologies if this has been picked up on in another thread it very well may have been - but Thirteen now only has 2 rows of dummies on each train - rows 9 and 10, they’ve been removed from row 8 I noticed today so rows 1-8 are being completely filled.
Maybe the dummy removal needs to be signed off in each row individually?

I think the most likely reason is to ensure the ride meets the minimum weight even if they get 4 consecutive groups of 3 people. Normally they'd pair the single riders to ensure they have at least 18 passengers on the train but for as long as they can't do that they need to make sure the ride can carry on running whatever happens.

It's increased capacity by another 15% or so though, so should help the queues a little.

Only 2 rows of dummies, now that's great news. Those extra 2 seats per train will make a huge difference to the hourly throughput. That being said the queue did get upto 2 hours for it today which is still bizarrely high

Found out yesterday whilst on Thirteen that the ride operator said over the speaker that there had to be 13 people at least on the train(out of the 18 available seats) and that the train I was on only had 12 and so they had to swap people around so there was enough people!!

With social distancing gone, does anyone know if the RAP entrance is now back to the original one that feeds onto the exit path? Would hope they'll keep the current alternative (enter via Fast Track entrance and go up the steps to the airgates) for ambulant disabled guests though.

Last edited: