• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Most people need to get a grip about missing the offer! It was Thorpes decision to do the offer in the first place. If you missed out. Tough. You will just have to pay full price like you would have had to without them offering the promotion. Even if the offer went live at 10am, nobody was guaranteed to get them. End of.

Yes of course people will have complained but I bet it's only a small percentage of the total amount of people interested in the ride anyway.
Most people are likely not to have known about the offer anyway like myself.
Like @Ash123uk said people need to get a grip places do offers for advertising.
People would have still moaned that there was a limited number if they had missed out.

Most people need to get a grip about missing the offer! It was Thorpes decision to do the offer in the first place. If you missed out. Tough. You will just have to pay full price like you would have had to without them offering the promotion. Even if the offer went live at 10am, nobody was guaranteed to get them. End of.

It was more about that if you went on at 10am to try for tickets you stood no chance as they were sold out before they were meant to go on sale. I'm not really disappointed about not getting tickets as they were very limited anyway, more just frustrated that when I loaded up the page at 10am I had zero chance.

The ride soundtrack is now playing loudly around the area and sounds great - definitely got hints of The Asylum (of Fright Nights' fame) in it. Nice one IMAscore.

The Ghost Train Gift Shop is also now open (Thorpe not one to miss a trick...), but it has to be said that if the attraction is getting as much attention lavished on it as the shop - surely one of Merlin's best, as shops go! - there's much to look forward to.

Interesting to note what they're actually selling in the shop; I'm sure all will make sense when we've ridden...
  • "Glass Half Empty" cups
  • Spray Paint Can flasks / pens
  • Victorian Bird Cage keyrings
  • Victorian Hand Mirrors
  • Chocolate "rocks"...
ghosttrain2.jpg

More at Total Thorpe Park!

Not sure if we already knew Simworx were involved (so this may not come as a surprise at all) but one of their vans has been spotted on site at Thorpe, indicating that they're involved with the Ghost Train project.

Photo courtesy of Theme Park Guide's Facebook page:

12472287_963044893750810_6768467478978980756_n.jpg

The shop looks like something you would see in a European theme park... very nice. Hopefully the ride itself will be up to the same standard.

The Simworks van was also there on opening day, so must be involved with the ride somewhere.

The shop looks very good. I do wonder if there is more merch to come that reveals more of the ride, much like The Smiler where anything with the number of loops on didn't appear till after the ride opened.

There's definitely been a lot of attention to detail in that shop... Let's hope the ride itself has had the same attention paid to it! :)

Official music.

A shame Thorpe have messed up the audio so much! It's in stereo for the first 20 seconds, then mono for the rest and randomly mixes in and out of sections. Who actually is employed to do such a shoddy job editing that?

Its IMAscore and as far as I'm aware its different snippets from different parts of the audio. Its not one continuous clip.

I'm aware it's IMAScore, but that clip has been edited and put together by Thorpe and badly at that. Uploading a score in stereo fading to mono is just an absolute comical error.

I'm aware it's IMAScore, but that clip has been edited and put together by Thorpe and badly at that. Uploading a score in stereo fading to mono is just an absolute comical error.

How do they even do that? Surely it's harder to do that than not do that lol

Other than the terrible editing on thorpes part, I like it. Can't wait to hear it in person, when the dodgy editing won't be an issue and to hear the full length track.
if we're lucky, they might release the whole track, but it's rare that they do that though.
IMAscore won't release the full track unless thorpe decide to sell the audio like some other parks do.