• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

I'm going to utilise the spoiler tags as I fear this is starting to creep into spoiling it for everyone.

First of all, I'm aware of three characters and I believe there are meant to be 5. A little girl, the elderly lady and the man.

Secondly, the leg grab is indeed the staff just running up and down the train grabbing hold of you. I assume they'll know the exact timings or will have something to indicate to them which section the VR is playing.
thanks. Just watched that BBC news video that I posted earlier in this topic, and it looks like there's an older man, younger man, young boy, young girl, and older woman. Don't know if the infected people are different. Think I had a teenage girl as the infected person.

How long before
the staff get kicked by someone when grabbing legs? I'm pretty sure most people's reflex is to lash out if they are not expecting it. I know mine would be! Hell, a "hand on the knee" could be taken the wrong way by some people. :/

How long before
the staff get kicked by someone when grabbing legs? I'm pretty sure most people's reflex is to lash out if they are not expecting it. I know mine would be! Hell, a "hand on the knee" could be taken the wrong way by some people. :/
I came very close to kicking someone when that happened. Not that I took it that way, but I just didn't expect it. I had my legs up on the seat as well, so it's a good thing I didn't kick because I might have got them in the face.

Think it's inevitable really.

Last edited:
It'll definitely be inevitable. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

I'm going to utilise the spoiler tags as I fear this is starting to creep into spoiling it for everyone.

Secondly, the leg grab is indeed the staff just running up and down the train grabbing hold of you. I assume they'll know the exact timings or will have something to indicate to them which section the VR is playing.

Truly the pinnacle of dark ride technology then...

Those who have ridden it how scary would you say it was out of 10? I'm trying to work out whether my girlfriend would able to cope with this ride as she hates horror films.

Those who have ridden it how scary would you say it was out of 10? I'm trying to work out whether my girlfriend would able to cope with this ride as she hates horror films.
Nothing like horror films (hate them myself, and I didn't find it too scary). Some parts are similar to scenes in a scare maze. Out of ten, I'd say about a six or seven (with the tension and expectation causing most of the fear). She should be able to manage it.

Advice though (I'll spoiler as I don't want to upset people but it's not really giving anything away, I appreciate though that people don't want to know anything at all*):
all of the jump scares are quite predictable. You will know when somethings going to happen.

*if you feel this way, then what are you doing looking at this topic? ;)

Nothing like horror films (hate them myself, and I didn't find it too scary). Some parts are similar to scenes in a scare maze. Out of ten, I'd say about a six or seven (with the tension and expectation causing most of the fear). She should be able to manage it.

Advice though (I'll spoiler as I don't want to upset people but it's not really giving anything away, I appreciate though that people don't want to know anything at all*):
all of the jump scares are quite predictable. You will know when somethings going to happen.

*if you feel this way, then what are you doing looking at this topic? ;)

Awesome, thanks Leah. Hope the waiting was worth it for you.

I'll build up her immunity by jumping out at her at random intervals over the next 2 weeks :D

The ride doesn't really strive to be scary, it aims to build tension. There are one or two moments where the most brittle of individuals will find themselves succumbing to the occasional jumpy moment, however I would not label the ride as scary.

In terms of the motion combined with the VR, would you say it's more or less nausea inducing than Galactica in your opinion?

In terms of the motion combined with the VR, would you say it's more or less nausea inducing than Galactica in your opinion?
Not at all nausea inducing. You're hardly moving so I wouldn't worry at all about that. The headsets are far better than those on galactica, in terms of quality, comfort and tracking your movement.

That said though, I still don't think it's good enough quality in some parts of the ride. Still looks like your in a game throughout the ride.

I wonder how they know if someone is having a panic attack and isn't just mucking around. If someone does cause the ride to stop, do the actors in scary makeup hide so as not to cause more problems?

Not at all nausea inducing. You're hardly moving so I wouldn't worry at all about that. The headsets are far better than those on galactica, in terms of quality, comfort and tracking your movement.

That said though, I still don't think it's good enough quality in some parts of the ride. Still looks like your in a game throughout the ride.
Sweet, cheers for that! Yeah, I've heard that from most the thoughts I've read - that the 1st half VR is decent and 2nd half not so great.

I wonder how they know if someone is having a panic attack and isn't just mucking around. If someone does cause the ride to stop, do the actors in scary makeup hide so as not to cause more problems?

There are no "actors in scary makeup", only the London Underground staff and a fracking driller. This would work in the favour of a panic attack as they can take over in an official stance without having to break character.

Reactions: pj
Don't want to spoil the ride for you, but trust me, this isn't an issue. More detailed answer below
there are no actors in make up. The whole ride is either actors dressed as train/fracking staff or VR. Also, if someone was genuinely scared they wouled take there headset off

Thanks Danny and Leah, so are the
LU staff actors or ride ops?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Danny and Leah, so are the
LU staff actors or ride ops?

They're a combination of actors and ride hosts, as they are able to communicate with the ride operator outside of the train I believe.

They're a combination of actors and ride hosts, as they are able to communicate with the ride operator outside of the train I believe.
I don't think you even see the ride ops do you? Actors guide you to your seats and around the attraction. It's a bit like sub terra in that respect.