• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park Monday 30th July

alee298

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Colossus or Oblivion
For my younger sisters birthday we went out to a themepark, So we decided to go collect our MAP's at thorpe park which was a bit of a farce due to "system updates" but we got in the park on time and since there were no queues we ran to Colossus.

Colossus was surprisingly smoother than usual, still a bit rattly but still my top coaster, had a wait in the station. I hate the fact they changed the music to a crappier IMAscore remix, totally kills the vibe of lost city, generic, bland and tries too hard to be cinematic instead of grand like the original, they NEED to change it back ASAP

Next was Saw, fun but head bashing so only did this once, the final dive loop kills my neck and shoulders. Queue was about 20 mins.

We wandered over to Nemesis inferno at 10:45, it had a 20 min queue advertised, we were on the train by 5 to 11, the ops here seemed to be quite demanding of speedy dispatches, saying "This train will be leaving in 20 seconds with or without you on it" As guests seem to take ages to faff with bags and a few people were left behind to prove a point. Again the music needs to be returned to the original as the new IMAscore one is too generic and bland tbh.

Over to stealth next, a 5 minute queue so we do this twice while we wait for desparado's to open for lunch at 11:40.
Lunch was okay, but card only payment would seem like a farce to most guests of the chavvier end of the spectrum, the food was average and the drinks fountain was making dubious sounds, but it seemed like the syrup to water ratio was off and drinks were super sweet.

After this we headed to swarm despite an advertised wait of 45 mins, we got there and found the queue started at the small cattle pen at the baggage hold, meaning we queued for 5mins, and we did this 4 times. Often the queue for getting bags out was longer than the ride queue so we did front and back rows both sides then felt dizzy as on the 3rd and 4th goes, my vision started to go grey on the helicopter turnaround.
We took a break got a slushy which smelled like fish surprisingly to cool off, headed to the flats in lost city, did these once and went to ride colossus again but it had broken down. So we went to Nemesis inferno instead for a 20 min queue, the back over to stealth to find that had broken too.

While we waited on colossus to be fixed we chilled out by tidal wave, and found the park needs a few more areas to chill out as most were full of people, even on a quiet day with only ghost train getting a queue over an hour (90 mins at its peak)

We re-rode colossus as soon as it opened on front row, the round again as the queue was empty, which we liked. Then rode swarm and stealth until park close as queues were down to 5 mins max from around 4:30 pm on most major coasters.

Thorpe seem to have stepped up on throughput as the coasters aside from saw were never truly above 30min queues, all running 2 trains too. The flats were on shorter cycles which was disappointing but didn't ruin the day, but poor queue time updating allowed us to take advantage of the false readings and whore out certain rides, they have added the free suncream too, no water fountains I could see though. Also a few negatives, far too much gum in queuelines it's gross. IMAsocre remixes need to be removed and also a few flats in the jungle area by stealth and inferno would be nice additions.

We wandered over to Nemesis inferno at 10:45, it had a 20 min queue advertised, we were on the train by 5 to 11, the ops here seemed to be quite demanding of speedy dispatches, saying "This train will be leaving in 20 seconds with or without you on it" As guests seem to take ages to faff with bags and a few people were left behind to prove a point.
Am I understanding correctly... they dispatched the train with guests still on the offload platform?

I haven't visited Thorpe Park for about five years after a particularly awful visit. However I am planning a visit in September and your experience gives me some hope that things may have improved.

They shooed them out the gate, told them to get on the next train, this was early on in the day so plenty of spare seats on the next train. They still kept the speed later in the day but all guests were allowed on the train!

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day! Glad to see you were able to ride the rides lots; especially Colossus, your number 1! Which ironically, is my least favourite coaster, but that's besides the point!