• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Too big for the rides at Alton Towers???

Waleed Ali

TS Member
Hey guys i need your help

Firstly i have a 47" waist and 43" chest, and one leg of mine is about 31" but both of them together are 47".

Anyways,
Can you people please help me out im literally dying with the nerve of being able to fit.

Last year i went to alton tower and i sat on these three rollercoasters, but i dont know if i was skinnier or the same or fatter.
Sonic spinball - i fitted
oblivion - i fitted
Nemesis - i fitted

But in 2 months i am going again and i am planning to go on those same rides above and want to go on the ones below to.
The smiler
Rita
Galactica/air

Please help me because i dont want to embarrased in front of lots of people thanks alot.

Waleed.

I'd say if you can fit on Spinball you should be fine on almost anything else.
I'm sure someone else will be along in a minute to give you a more indepth answer ;)

Last edited:
I think it's 48" chest for Galatica and Rita and 52" for everything else, they don't give guidelines for legs, 13 has a lap bar so you should be good on that, not sure sbout the rest sorry.

There are test seats outside some coasters to see if you will fit. I know rita and galatica have them.

No worries. I'm a fat bar steward myself, so I understand your concern. ;)

alton towers website said:
Galactica 48 inches
Rita 48 inches
Nemesis 52 inches
Oblivion 52 inches
The Smiler 56 inches
TH13TEEN Restrictive, please speak to a member of staff
Spinball Whizzer Restrictive, please speak to a member of staff

Please be aware: Spinball Whizzer has a maximum weight limit of 111kg.
You should be able to ride everything, though spinball may be uncomfortable due to restrictive restraints. Rita, oblivion and galactica all have test seats outside, and all main rides have staff outside the enterance who should be able to help you out if you're unsure :)

Tip for Spinball: cross your ankles. It lowers your knees and stretches your gut out. Not by much, but enough to make a difference.

Height is also a massive enemy on Spinball, I'm somewhere in the upper 5 ft and Spinball is only just okay