• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Totally Drag - Event and Convention - 7th May 2022

That’s brilliant to here. So glad it went well! It’s nice to have another event to the line up even though Towers haven’t advertised it. I’m guessing this is only due ot incase something goes wrong though. But non the less, glad it’s another event to the line up.
Alton Towers promoted it on their social media, same as they do for the Donahey’s dance events that are hosted at the hotel. But these sort of things aren’t organised by the resort so it’s not their event to promote.

Good afternoon everyone :)

Sorry I didn't previously see the thread regarding the event.

Thank you for all the questions and for everybody's input, our first event this May was a huge success and we are so excited to return to the resort next year, we have already started announcing some of our acts for the event, we have Ellie Diamond, Victoria Scone, Divina De Campo & Blu Hydrangea from Drag Race, with more to be confirmed.

We have also listened to feedback this year and have offered a package with accommodation for 2 or 3 people and not just 4 or 6 people like we did this year :)

All the details are at the website www.TotallyDrag.co.uk or you can follow our Social Media "Totally Drag".

Here is a highlight video of this years event in case anybody would like to watch it

Hope to see you all next year.
Thank You
Mark :)

Attachments

• Totally Drag Events booklet.jpg
    Totally Drag Events booklet.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for sharing information so far in advance - it's great to hear the 2022 event went well!

Definitely one on my radar for 2023. The acts announced so far look great.

I just can't seem to shake the Rita promo c2005 with the train full of drag queens! :)

The biggest thing that puts me off is the crazy Splash Landings Hotel prices! £59 for a day of drag entertainment is a great price, but £358 for two people for one night is a lot, take off the two £59 fees for the event and its £240, £19 each for the water park and it means its £202 for the bed and breakfast in the Splash room, which for that hotel is expensive I think.
I am blaming Alton Towers though, its not the events fault the hotels are overpriced!

Perhaps an ideal opportunity to recreate that photo. :) Would give some good promo shots for the event.
Who knows.... I've also heard something about a world record for the most drag queens on a rollercoaster too.... ;)
The biggest thing that puts me off is the crazy Splash Landings Hotel prices! £59 for a day of drag entertainment is a great price, but £358 for two people for one night is a lot, take off the two £59 fees for the event and its £240, £19 each for the water park and it means its £202 for the bed and breakfast in the Splash room, which for that hotel is expensive I think.
I am blaming Alton Towers though, its not the events fault the hotels are overpriced!
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so sorry that price puts you off :( we have tried our best to offer as many options as possible, including the day passes, so people can either travel for just the day and can find alternative accommodation too.

Hopefully we will see you there :) x

Last edited by a moderator: