• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Needs a Simulator Ride

It could be built in the old coaster cornner behind Ice age I. Cloud cuckoo land. There's tonnes of space there.
Could a ride like this be built in the Duel building?
It could be extended.
I really like the idea of a flying theatre that takes you through the corridors and over the gardens in the towers hundreds of years ago. It could take you from the construction of the towers through to the height of the earls time and then it could sweep over the resort today. Could have a really cool narrator and could even have so form of made up story similar to Hex. Don't know where I would build this or exactly how it would work just an idea.

Coaster Corner was exactly the place I was thinking. They've had coasters there before so a reasonable amount of height is possible. The problem was always noise wasn't it?

Indoor rides = sorted.

A flying theatre is probably pushing it a little height wise. There are plenty of other options. Then again, Towers love to dig holes, and I'm sure a large square for a tin shed to sit in would be far easier and cheaper than say the Nemesis pit, or Oblivion's hole.

What about the Nicholodeon building as well. What's that being used for these days?

As a kid, I remember going on the AstroLiner on Skegness pier and having a good time. It was basically a rocket themed cylinder on a truck with a screen at the front and with music and narration telling a story (Jules Verne). It probably cost about 50p, but in 1979 I enjoyed it for what it was.

I agree that simulator rides are an obvious way around towers height problem, but I've never been on one that didn't feel much different to standing very near a pixelated screen while the floor vibrates.

The lift in NST, never made me feel like I was descending into an underground facility.

Ironically, the great glass elevator in CATCF ( an attraction that I despise), was probably the best implementation of it so far.

Admittedly, I've never tried one of the huge budget itinerations such as Spider Man or soaring, though in the case of spiderman, I'm not sure I would call it a simulator as it has real transit.

Just personal taste, but I'd rather have a system with real transit, and, in the case of a dark ride atmospheric and ambient sets (that actually move),

A SW level water ride with thrills that soaks you to the extent that you almost drown like a rat is what I'd love to see most at towers, though. I miss the flume so bad. Valhalla (when it works), is a great example of how to do a dark / water ride correctly. I'd love to have seen JW have a go at something like that.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a new dark water ride. As long as it's really well themed and it's a good ride. The thing is at the moment there are quite a number of redundant buildings in towers such as the CATCF that could be home to some sort of IP dark ride.
I would like to see removal of NST for a new flat the drop towers are supposed to be going to that new ride at Legoland.
I would like a new large scale dark ride after they have renovated, improved or re-themed current rides.
I'd like to see ghost busters in the duel building.

The lift in NST, never made me feel like I was descending into an underground facility.

Ironically, the great glass elevator in CATCF ( an attraction that I despise), was probably the best implementation of it so far.

Yes the lifts in NST were very poorly done. Very. I've seen far better simulated lifts.

2 problems I always had with CATCF's glass elevator was was firstly the screens were just too close. A bit of distance would have really helped the illusion. The other problem was the CGI. I really don't think CGI works well for simulators unless it's exceptional, real film footage is far more convincing.

I'd like to see ghost busters in the duel building.

I hate the new GB movie but as far as an IP goes for an interactive spooky dark ride, that would be perfect!

I wonder how much a Back to the Future/Simpsons ride system would cost nowadays. It was around £30 mill 25 years ago, and still a better ride than Merlin just spent 20 mill on for a train carriage and some already out-of-date VR.

It's incredible that they just cannot conceive a decent dark ride system. Hex is fantastic, a huge, intricately themed cylinder, and was cheaper than some 5 meter drop towers in a shipping container.

It's incredible that they just cannot conceive a decent dark ride system. Hex is fantastic, a huge, intricately themed cylinder, and was cheaper than some 5 meter drop towers in a shipping container.

I give them respect though for sticking with a story within the uniqueness of Towers, just like Hex.
Executed poorly I agree and in no way sh!t me up like Alien Encounter did in WDWMK when that was there.

I actually think we will be getting a screen based dark-ride in what is currently cloud cuckoo land.

Unfortunately my prediction would be:

but themed to Kung-Fu Panda... watch this space.

I actually quite like a good simulator but I think they are seen as very dated, it would have to be a popular IP to draw the crowds (Star Tours) or people would just compare it with the ones they see at fairgrounds (I'm looking at you Astro Canyon Coaster). A popular IP costs money in itself, this would certainly not be a cheap option.

I actually think we will be getting a screen based dark-ride in what is currently cloud cuckoo land.

Unfortunately my prediction would be:

but themed to Kung-Fu Panda... watch this space.

I actually quite like a good simulator but I think they are seen as very dated, it would have to be a popular IP to draw the crowds (Star Tours) or people would just compare it with the ones they see at fairgrounds (I'm looking at you Astro Canyon Coaster). A popular IP costs money in itself, this would certainly not be a cheap option.

I like the Kung fu panda idea. I'd like to see a dream works area that includes Kung fu panda, how to train your dragon and some other films.