• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Street Apparel

One problem I could foresee with branded clothing is members of the GP mistakenly thinking we are park staff. Granted it wouldn't be red and wouldn't say Alton Towers, but TowersStreet I would imagine would sound vaguely official to someone that has no idea.

As cool as clothing for members sounds, I'm not very keen on the idea. My reasons why have already been covered by several others. However, I'm quite keen on having pin badges at some point. Partly because I collect them, but also partly because they were popular back on TT.

DiogoJ42 said:
LOL. I can see it now. At opening days of new coasters in future, there will be proud armies of rival geeks, marching in to battle behind our respective Colours, to compete for the rights to be first in line.

This could get ugly. I call dibs on manning the machine gun nest.
Can I just say that every time I visualise 'rival' fan sites meeting at any theme park I see the fight scene from Anchorman in my head...

:p

DiogoJ42 said:
Surely the simple solution here, is to offer the branded merch anyway. It's not like anyone is going to be forced to wear it. If you don't want to, then don't. ;)
I agree that having our names on them might be a step too far, but I don't see an issue with having the option of a TST hoodie / T shirt / string vest / novelty condom with Joel's face on it / whatever. How is it any different to wearing a hoodie with your uni name or rugby club on the front?
That me sorted. When I come on a meet for the first time I can be spotted easily, I wear a grey hoodie with my rugby club logo on the left and my initials embroidered on the right. A grey t-shirt with a portion of a B&M inverted coaster helix on it along with baggy jeans and some converse or adidas high tops, on sunny days a London 2012 olympics baseball cap.I wander round with a far away day dreamy look on my face until I see a ride then I study it with a look of immense concentration and interest. ;D

Scott said:
DiogoJ42 said:
LOL. I can see it now. At opening days of new coasters in future, there will be proud armies of rival geeks, marching in to battle behind our respective Colours, to compete for the rights to be first in line.

This could get ugly. I call dibs on manning the machine gun nest.
Can I just say that every time I visualise 'rival' fan sites meeting at any theme park I see the fight scene from Anchorman in my head...

:p
I the see us kicking all the others into Oblivions pit saying " THIS IS TOWERSSTREET" and taking over all the rides queue lines :p

I was thinking more along the lines of Braveheart, with Astro sporting purple face paint, delivering his pre-battle speach to us while riding on Joel.

DiogoJ42 said:
I was thinking more along the lines of Braveheart, with Astro sporting purple face paint, delivering his pre-battle speach to us while riding on Joel.
Not really an image I wanted there, dude. :p