• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Progress Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Jordan said:
Sentences like "Hotel guests can also choose to stay in one six rooms filled with Moshi Monster treats as well as the other amazing themed rooms in the hotels." aren't relevant to the half term event at the park at all.

I agree with most of what you are saying and they are pages that are getting some work done to them but i would say the fact there are 6 rooms in the hotel related to the theme of the event for the duration of the event is relevant to the page, just as the Scare rooms are relevant to Scarefest.

But your not wrong at the moment there isn't a whole lot of unique content on those pages.

I can confirm the Youtube / iPad cock up. Worked fine before the embed tags were removed.

Not sure why, but some images I'm posted are weirdly distorted for some reason. For example:

duelthemealtontowersful.jpg

That is meant to be 640 width, however it appears stretched and huge until you click it and then it appears normal. Does anyone have a clue why it's doing this? :)

EDIT: That's weird, it's appearing normally on here. On this thread though...

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/box-office/the-sheet-music-thread/msg34048/#msg34048

It's appearing as I described...? :-\

Just looked at the code in your original post and some code had added to the image link specifying some odd dimensions. Removed that code and it seems to have fixed the problem. No idea how that happened, did you copy the code from another site instead of clicking the mona Lisa icon and adding the URL?

Dave said:
Just looked at the code in your original post and some code had added to the image link specifying some odd dimensions. Removed that code and it seems to have fixed the problem. No idea how that happened, did you copy the code from another site instead of clicking the mona Lisa icon and adding the URL?

Nope, I just left it there from a previous image which was in the original post and replaced the image URL with the new one. Didn't look at it properly and I added it originally ages ago so it might have been some weird thing that I tried to put in to resize the image or something. Thinking about it, it might have been from when large images used to create a scroll bar within the page - I think that code might have prevented it. :)

It seems the embeded Youtube vids are working again on iPad. Not sure if that's intentional, or a byproduct of the server move, but I won't complain! :p

I know it's to do with the forum software however, could the term 'child boards' be re-branded? As to the general public it sounds like it's a section for children. The term 'child board' is a bit of technological jargon that is lost on anyone who isn't familiar with SMF or is a forum geek! :)

Good point. "Sub forum" sounds better than "do your grooming of younglings here" ;)

I've noticed that poor Chat has been neglected when it comes to moving servers - the page won't even load properly, poor thing - I think the Chat sofas were lost by the removal company :(

Yes, chat was unfortunately misplaced by the removal company, but I'm sure they'll have it back soon...I hope !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What about Special Forums, as Sub implies its not important and a replacement for something else.

Ian

I'd disagree - in this context 'sub' refers to it being underneath something else (e.g. sub-brand) rather than a replacement (e.g. a football sub) :)

IanB said:
What about Special Forums, as Sub implies its not important and a replacement for something else.

Ian

I only think of it in that context when thinking about Sub-Terra if I'm honest ;)

As Mike has said above though, sub is usually used when talking about something stored under something else, such as having sub-folders in My Documents on a PC :)

Johno said:
Is there any chance of the subboard becoming a full board?

Both our Sub Boards fit neat within the two main forums the live in and have a very small scope so it wouldn't really work with them being full forums.

Dave said:
Johno said:
Is there any chance of the subboard becoming a full board?

Both our Sub Boards fit neat within the two main forums the live in and have a very small scope so it wouldn't really work with them being full forums.

I just feel that the planning portal is a very well visited forum, and currently it's topics greatly influence the 'new thread' text.

The menu bar now doesn't load when using iOS 6 on iPad mini in Safari. Not sure if it's the same on any other browser.

image.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.