• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Travellers April

Woz22

TS Member
It is ideal to go to Alton towers over the Half term we went in the past and their was a lot of security due to special circumstances , have things changed ? :S

Any dates available for this event? Do not want to be there for it.

The travelers usually go every Easter Sunday (so this year 20th April) and the first Sunday of Scarefest. However some might also be around on Saturday 19th as well.

My advice would be to avoid the whole weekend, especially if it is your only visit of the season, or you have young children.

However if you enjoy a good laugh, then this might be the perfect weekend for you.

I'd just like to say that until Scarefest last year I'd never been to AT on a Travelers day (didn't know it existed tbh), but we did go on that day.

It really was fine. All the increased security really worked, and I felt safe. And I'm a very easily intimidated person! The worse thing about that day was the Great Apocalypse of Scarefest 2013 (a.k.a. the worst rain/hail storm ever!).

Towers did manage it well last year. However it has been very intimidating on park in previous years when they have been there. If you don't go often I'd recommend trying not to go when they are there.

:)

I agree - unless you like to have a laugh at what they are wearing, in particular the girls (usually a mix between velour tracksuits, or, boob tubes, tiny mini skirts and their mum's high heels, regardless of the weather) then I would recommend not visiting the park over that weekend!