• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip advice - 5 day trip to Disneyland Paris resort in Easter 2014

HaydenCR

TS Member
Before I start, I have already decided to bring my own lunch because I am not paying €22 for a half board dining plan!

I will be taking a big paycheck in September, and I've decided to splash the clash at everyone's least favourite Disneyland Resort (The people on Trip Advisor seem to absolutely hate it.) for a day. I want to go into the resort, knowing exactly what to ride and when ride to ride it. Ideally I want to explore both parks and get back home before midnight. Travel is not too much an issue for me. I have my 75% discount that should cover eurostar costs, but once I get to paris, I'm not sure what train to take. I would want to take the metro because its the cheapest and dosent involve a 1 hour transfer, but people seem to both recommend and not recommend it.

More importantly though, I want to know what rides are worth my time and what rides are not, as I have heard that there are quite a few rubbish ones. I am most interested in thrilling and/or atmospheric and immersive rides.

Re: Trip advice - 1 day trip to disneyland paris on a weekday in september

You can get a direct eurostar or a indirect eurostar that changes at Lille for DLP don't know what the times are but I think the direct one gets in about 11am? My favourite ride is Phantom Manor followed closely by Big Thunder Moutain and then Pirates of the Carribean. They are all classics and very well themed.

Trip advice - 1 day trip to disneyland paris on a weekday in september

Tower of terror, rock n roller coaster, Indiana jones, space mountain (maybe), rc racer, crushs coaster.

Then a few for just the appreciation aspect Peter Pan, it's a small world, haunted mansion. .....enjoy! I liked it, but that was maybe because I haven't visited Florida yet (August whoop!)

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Tower of terror, rock n roller coaster, Indiana jones, space mountain (maybe), rc racer, crushs coaster.

Then a few for just the appreciation aspect Peter Pan, it's a small world, haunted mansion. .....enjoy! I liked it, but that was maybe because I haven't visited Florida yet (August whoop!)
*cough* It's not Haunted Mansion that's the American ones it Phantom Manor, I'm a bit of a fanigirl of the ride and would love the stretching portraits. ;)

Trip advice - 1 day trip to disneyland paris on a weekday in september

Sorry! I did realise once I had wrote it, but didn't change it.

I'd recommend Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster, Rock n Rollercoaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean. Crush's Coaster I would go to first as the queue tends to get very long for that.

Fastpass could come in handy for you, incase you haven't been before, it's free and basically means you are given a time to ride.

Thunder Mountain is only worth it for the credit grab, the coaster itself is utter pants (bar the tunnel under the lake, that's fun). Personally, I could just spend all day on RnR ;) Though if you must venture in to the other park, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, and PotC would be the highlights for me.

* Be warned, Crush can build up dire queues very quickly, even on quiet days. It's a great ride right up to the top of the lift hill... after that it all goes rapidly down hill (no pun intended)
* The Casey Junior powered coaster probably won't be open.
* Indy is rough as hell, but that's to be expected from an Intamin clone of a Pinfari!
* If time is a concern DO NOT go in to the maze, you will be in there for hours.
* Likewise, don't bother with any of the shows.
* Make sure you don't have to go anywhere near the parade route when it is on, as the streets are gridlocked and you can't go anywhere.

... And that's about the extent of my DLP advice. I'm sure others who actually like the park can tell you more ;)

I forgot about buzz! Try to do some rides when the parades are on too! Definitely try the fastpasses too! Lifesavers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Also if Main Street USA is busy use the two themed arcades (walkways) down either side the, if you are looking towards the castle the left hand side one will bring you out in Fronteirland and the right hand side will bring you out in Discoveryland. and also use parade times and lunch time to get rides in and eat at a more unsocialable time or grab one of the many snacks and go!

I don't know how it fits in with your being home for midnight plan, but if you do not stay for dreams you should consider your trip a failure!

My unneceserally in depth thoughts of the place and each ride can be seen here (once you get passed the Aserix/Paris bit) http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/9801-parks-of-paris/, if that is any help.

Best advice would probably be to just sit on Tower of Terror all day.

pluk said:
I don't know how it fits in with your being home for midnight plan, but if you do not stay for dreams you should consider your trip a failure!

My unneceserally in depth thoughts of the place and each ride can be seen here (once you get passed the Aserix/Paris bit) http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/9801-parks-of-paris/, if that is any help.

Best advice would probably be to just sit on Tower of Terror all day.

Thanks, this was extremely helpful. I have a bit more faith that I can do the parks in one day. I dont think I can do that many re-rides though, I would probably full asleep. I will still miss Dreams and a few small rides and shows (the carousel rides and the stunt show come to mind), and I will definitely skip the tram tour.

Thank you all for your advice, and if you have any advice please do tell me. Also if you know or find any good discounts/deals I would love to know.

DiogoJ42 said:
Thunder Mountain is only worth it for the credit grab, the coaster itself is utter pants (bar the tunnel under the lake, that's fun). Personally, I could just spend all day on RnR ;) Though if you must venture in to the other park, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, and PotC would be the highlights for me.

* Be warned, Crush can build up dire queues very quickly, even on quiet days. It's a great ride right up to the top of the lift hill... after that it all goes rapidly down hill (no pun intended)
* The Casey Junior powered coaster probably won't be open.
* Indy is rough as hell, but that's to be expected from an Intamin clone of a Pinfari!
* If time is a concern DO NOT go in to the maze, you will be in there for hours.
* Likewise, don't bother with any of the shows.
* Make sure you don't have to go anywhere near the parade route when it is on, as the streets are gridlocked and you can't go anywhere.

... And that's about the extent of my DLP advice. I'm sure others who actually like the park can tell you more ;)

Haha, thanks for the advice.

If you go and miss Dreams you are without a doubt missing the top highlight of the resort. Quite frankly im a fanboy and if someone proposed a trip which would miss dreams I simply would not go.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

I have decided to delay my trip to next Easter, and make it more a holiday. I will be bringing my sister (child) and a close friend of mine (Adult). Between us the budget will be about £800-1000, this includes hotels food park tickets and travel, as well one or two bits of merchandise. Me and my sister absolutely love thrill rides, but my close friend is terrified. He also dosen't eat a wide variety of food, it mostly being junk food/children's food. I am looking for a no pressure holiday on a budget. (Good Luck to me !?!)

So please may I have some suggestions for:

Touring plans,
Hotels,
Resturants,
etc.

I went on a school trip here in the februrary half term and I have a lot of tips for you...

Hotel:
I stayed in the explorers hotel (thomas cook) but is in the main group of hotels, the hotel itself is amazing, lobby and facilities are fantastic and pool and waterslides are open till 11 HOWEVER the rooms are fairly scruffy but are absolutley fine for say a group of mates or if you dont mind and arent expecting a fantastic luxurious room. It was perfect for me and my mates as you litteraly only sleep there the rest of the time you can just wonder round the hotel.

Food:
We ate at a range of places so i'll start off with the parks themselves where my only advice is to TAKE A PACKED LUNCH OR SNACKS. A meal like a burger chips and a drink can be 15/16 euros without anything extras and you get massive portions so tend to waste quite a bit. However if you do choose to eat on either park then go for anywhere their all pretty much the same.

Planet Hollywood was nice in the dinsey village but it wasnt fantastic and it was very rushed service, its not a patch on hard rock cafe or similar places so unless you want to eat there purely for the fact its planet hollywood go for it but otherwise avoid it.

Buffallo Bills Wild West Dinner Show was absolutley brilliant, im not sure how expensive it is but its brilliant value for money even if your not with kids the show is entertaining and the food is ace, i dont think theres a choice of what you get its litterally a bowl of chilli then a pan of meat and potatos and then apple pie with icecream and coffee. Good experience if you fancy it.

Explorers Hotel, had dinner here the first night and its nice and what youd expect! Luckilly for most of my schoolfreinds chicken nuggets and chips was always fresh and never ran out the whole night and topped with bottomless drinks you can have a nice filling meal with the choice of pasta dishes salads and all sorts of mains aswell.

Travel:
We took the eurotunnel which wasnt too bad but if your not driving then i advise you take the eurostar. Travel from the main group of hotels to the park is easy and free with the shuttle bus which comes every 5 minutes or so every morning but it gets very very very full very quickly. However it starts its trip at explorers hotel so we were lucky and got a seat every time. Its also handy to catch back to the hotel on evenings or late at night.

I also went when I was little with my family and we stayed away from the park on the edge of paris and my moms advice is just dont to it. The terrible atmosphere and the cost of travelling isnt worth it and your better off staying closer.

So I hope that helps a little bit I dont really have more to add apart from dont rush your day around rides, its also nice to just take in the atmosphere, watch parades and shows which we learnt the second day and all the rides you were desperate to go on seem to just dwindle away and you get lost in the atmosphere and have a brilliant day.

Annettes Diner does really nice burgers with fixed price menus and the protions are huge! I sugest maybe popping over to Val D'Europe the shopping centre one stop on the metro as they have a decent sized supermarket to grab snacks for your trip and the little shop in the train station does amazing fresh bread and pastries for in the morning for breakfast if you stay where it isn't included. You can bascially do what every you want whenever you want if you are doing 5 days it's pleanty of time! It also means you have the luxery of being able to go back to your room early and have a nap or get dinner before the ones in Disney Village get rammed. You can check out all the menus for most the places on both parks and Disney Village here http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/. DLRP Magic is amazing if you are looking at doing Disneyland Paris.

Hey, I am also going soon and was wondering if anybody knows about the half board dining plan?

And when you go, make sure you head to Crush's Coaster early in the morning because the queues get massive, get fast passes for Tower of Terror early-ish in case they run out. If you want to go, during the parades get a place/seat at cafe about 1/2-1 hour before it starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk