• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

I've done it in a taxi and I'm pretty sure there are no tolls. (They're more of a French thing than German).

Hi can anyone help with a few questions I have. We are travelling out for 8 days at the end of July and stopping off park.
  1. We would like a swimming pool, to use while not in the park, anyone know if we can pay to use EP hotel pools, or is there a public one near by.
  2. Can anyone recommend any day trips near by (we are traveling with a 10 & 14 year old).
  3. What theme parks do you also get 1 days free admission with your EP annual pass.
  4. Is there any alpine/mountain coasters near by.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi can anyone help with a few questions I have. We are travelling out for 8 days at the end of July and stopping off park.
  1. We would like a swimming pool, to use while not in the park, anyone know if we can pay to use EP hotel pools, or is there a public one near by.
  2. Can anyone recommend any day trips near by (we are traveling with a 10 & 14 year old).
  3. What theme parks do you also get 1 days free admission with your EP annual pass.
  4. Is there any alpine/mountain coasters near by.
Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - You can use the Santa Isabel pool. Just wait by the door until someone else goes in/comes out.
2 - Day trips: The National Car Museum in Mulhouse (France), Haut Koenigsbourg castle (France), Black Forest
3 - Answered above
4 - Yes: Todtnau Rodelbahn. It's one of the biggest in Germany. In a beautiful area.

1 - You can use the Santa Isabel pool. Just wait by the door until someone else goes in/comes out.
2 - Day trips: The National Car Museum in Mulhouse (France), Haut Koenigsbourg castle (France), Black Forest
3 - Answered above
4 - Yes: Todtnau Rodelbahn. It's one of the biggest in Germany. In a beautiful area.
You can make an afternoon of the Todtnau Rodelbahn if you fancy a walk round at the top of the mountain and a bit further back up the road is Todtnau waterfall which is worth a walk up too!

I'm staying in one of the Rust guesthouses soon, which is a "B&B" without the second "B".

Does anyone know if non-EP-Hotel guests are allowed to have breakfast in the Hotels? Has anyone done this before? If so, what would be the rough cost and which is the best Hotel to go for?

Alternatively, what are the best breakfast options outside of the Hotels (e.g. on Park, quick trip to Lidl, etc...)?!

Thanks! :)

Which side of the park is it located? If it's the hotel side you can do worse than popping to Edeka for some shopping, they've got a great in-store bakery!

Speaking of Edeka. I'm going to be there during the 'Edeka Day' event. What does this entail? From what I can work out its just free samples from the brands Edeka sell? Is it likely to be busier due to this?

Isn't it a day when the employees of Edeka are welcomed on park for a discounted rate?

Unsure... you might be right yourself.

I think it's usually Kolumbusjolle, Feria Swing, Alpenexpress, Wellenflieger, and sometimes Atlantica and Blue Fire depending on the time of year or attendance expected on a particular day.