TS International Road Trip 2016

Discussion in 'TowersStreet Meets Archive' started by AstroDan, 24th Jan 2016.

1. BigDave

BigDave TowersStreet Member

Posted on the Facebook page, but will put it here too. I'm hoping to do the full event, but like JoshT, I will be needing transport. I might not sleep as much or be as funny, but im prepared to buy the driver beer (no whilst he's/she's driving :p) and of course, share fuel costs.

2. Danza91

Danza91 TowersStreet Member

To add to Dan's post, for other hotels (Matamba & Ling Bao not on there), ebookers are offering 18% off hotel bookings when booking through the app. Use code APP18. Some hotels don't accept promo codes like Ibis I don't think do but worth looking.

3. BigDave

BigDave TowersStreet Member

Just planned out the route on Google maps. This is going to be one massive road trip. Really looking forward to it.

4. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    So, funny story... It turns out that all the Olympic stuff is happening out in Rio, and there won't be much going on in London for me to get involved with. Who'da seen that coming? This means that I may well be able to do this after all!
    Sadly Hils still can't make it, so this leaves me needing to inquire as to whom has a space available in their car, is doing the whole trip including Hamburg, and can put up with me for ten days?

*flutters eyelids*

AstroDan and IanB like this.
    Posted 5th Feb 2016
  5. pritchardavid

pritchardavid TowersStreet Member

Anyone got car space?
    Or need a space in a car? considering this a lot at the moment!

6. ZeldaAlton

ZeldaAlton TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler, Oblivion & Nemesis
    Your right you can't book the the Matamba & Ling Bao through the app as I tried myself. If you search for the hotels on the main website (and not via the app) the hotels appear. Then when you've made the booking the hotel then it appears on your app on your phone/tablet in the hotels section.

Last edited: 12th Feb 2016
  7. Islander

Islander TowersStreet Member

So, I've achieved the impossible - permission to take time off in August! A maximum of five days in a row though. The tricky thing, therefore, is deciding which parts of the trip to do, and working out how to do it...

I really, really loved Hansa Park when I last visited, so would love to return there, and pretty much work from there onwards, so Hansa, Walibi Holland, and a couple of days at Phantasia, travelling home thereafter.

Need to look into either how I could do that without a car, or how I could potentially tag along with someone just for a bit of the overall trip, when I'm a bit less tired and worn out (which is probably never...).

Dan, DiogoJ42 and josht like this.
  8. Rojo

Rojo TowersStreet Member

No idea if this is useful but may bring the price down for someone a tiny bit at Efteling.

"Party time! From 14 days before until 14 days after your birthday you can celebrate your birthday at Efteling for free! With the code BIRTHDAY, you can now receive a free ticket when purchasing 3 entry tickets"

T&C's can be found here
    http://www.efteling.com/EN/thepark/...ionlist)&utm_content=Intro+Algemeen&utm_term=

Marcus likes this.
  9. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    djtruefitt and Burbs like this.
  10. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

RE Hotel Village MATAMBA
    if you book through booking.com are park tickets included, I cant find confirmation of this any where.
    Asking as I may join you for the 2 days there before moving on :)

11. Cheese

Cheese TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix, Liseberg
    Not as far as I'm aware. Even when booking directly through Phantasialand's website you have to add them on or upgrade to a package that includes them.

12. hazbriz

hazbriz TowersStreet Member

Okay - I'm plenty interested! This covers so many Parks I really need to go to, phantasialand, Hansa, Efteling!
    I can get the time off, snag... I need to know if there would be car place for me! Unfortunately I don't drive. I don't really know anyone here, but I'm pretty sane guy in his 30's!

13. Cheese

Cheese TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix, Liseberg
    I would respectfully suggest Hazbriz that you (or anybody else interested in a trip abroad who's yet to attend a meet) come along to some UK meets and mini meets first before sticking your name down. It's nothing personal, but simply that when you're arranging an intense week or two of knackeredness, expense and sharing rooms and cars you need to know the people you're going with first, and it's nigh on impossible to book anything if you don't.

P.S. Nobody around here is 'relatively sane'. :)

Rowe, Dan, Jonathan and 3 others like this.
  14. hazbriz

hazbriz TowersStreet Member

No problems I'll try and do that, I'm going on the Trip to Europa Park in May with TPmania, if any others from here are going on that!

So I've got a while and don't need to book anything urgently then? that was my only issue/ worry.

thanks guys

15. EuroSatch

EuroSatch TowersStreet Member

Considering 'Camping in the Black Forest' and joining for the PL/Efteling legs of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AstroDan likes this.
  16. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    UPDATE

Some hotels are getting the stage where they are running out of the best prices rooms.

If you can try and get your rooms booked ASAP, it would be helpful!

:)

Posted 5th May 2016
  17. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    As far as I'm aware, Phantasialand resort hotels are fully booked now.

Posted 5th May 2016
  18. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

Yes they are !! :(
    Boooooo !

Posted 5th May 2016
  19. Danny

Danny Leicester Melvin Rong

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    For those attending or thinking of attending the Hamburg portion of the trip, I'll be looking to fire off an email to Heide Park in the next week or so regarding a few little details. Please confirm if you'll be attending this segment of the trip as soon as possible.

Remember, admission to the park will be free of charge. Thanks :)

Posted 5th May 2016
  20. Martin

Martin TowersStreet Member

Found out the other day, long after giving up hope, that I actually could have got the time off for this. Sigh. Doing the Scandinavia trip and can't afford both but might try seeing if I can somehow do just the Hamburg extra bit.

Posted 6th May 2016