• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Official Meet Calendar 2023

Except that's clearly a lie.

Obviously, you can't rock up to a town like Blackpool expecting to stay in the Ritz, but there are plenty of perfectly adequate options. Travelodge, Premier Inn, etc etc. There are also some decent enough smaller B&Bs as well as independent hotels. I recall staying in the Carousel on South Beach some years ago after our B&B owner refused to check us in and that was perfectly fine, especially given we rocked up at around 9pm with nowhere else to go.

Breaking out of the "it's cool to hate on Blackpool" VIBES, there are plenty of fair options.

The Big Blue is reasonable and close to the park.
The Henson is a bit of a dive, south of the Big Blue, but has cheap single rooms.
The Walmar on Osborne Rd (just north of the Beach) is a good clean reasonable B&B, close to the park and straight out of Royston Vasey...well recommended.
Some very nice hotels in St Annes, three miles, or a million miles, from Blackpool.

all the chain hotels are too expensive i might just go for a local one, it's only for 1/2 nights

If you are after a random recommendation I've stayed in the belvere b&b a couple of times and always been pleased. About half way between the beach and the tower, nothing amazing as its a traditional sized place, but clean and comfortable with a good breakfast and friendly owner.

Don’t know what the prices are like these days, but I stopped at the football ground hotel a couple of years ago from one of our Blackpool meets. Clean and fairly modern room, free parking, a good hot breakfast buffet (with views over the pitch if you’re that way inclined…) and not too badly priced either. It was just a 5 minute walk to the prom to hop on a tram down to Pleasure Beach.

Will there be a page for the Blackpool meet soon? Is there a suggested/recommend hotel or any activities planned for the Sunday?

@AstroDan will no doubt make a topic shortly once he's back from his jollies at Towers today.

On hotels, as there's so many in Blackpool and all within easy reach of the park, we don't recommend specific ones. In terms of the Sunday, this is a one day meet, so there's nothing official planned. Some will likely head off early to head back home, others maybe meet for lunch - but it's likely something people will arrange themselves on the Saturday.

I really promise to turn up in Crevettes on that Sunday lunch and grumble about wristbands to strangers.
Might even try to smuggle a bottle of sarsaparilla in.