• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Staffordshire Weekender: 5-6 May 2018

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
It is our Staffordshire Weekender! Come and join us for a day out at Drayton Manor Theme Park and, of course, Alton Towers! We look forward to seeing you for a fun and informal day out.

Saturday, 5th May 2018
Time: 10:15am
Where: Drayton Manor Park Entrance Plaza

Sunday, 6th May 2018
Time: 9:15am
Where: Alton Towers; outside Towers Street Box Office

Planning to stay over? We recommend Rugeley Travelodge for this meet, as it is well located mid-way between the two parks and just 100 metres from Wetherspoons.

Don't forget to RSVP here!

Last edited:
Booked Rugeley Travelodge yesterday so I'll be going. :) If anyone can give me a lift from Rugeley to Towers and possible back to Uttoxeter, that would be greatly appreciated and I'll help pay for petrol :)

Looking forward to having gone from Blue Fire the day before on to G Force.

#GrillInnFTW

I've got 3 spare seats (possibly 4) if there are lifts needed. Traveling from Burntwood through Hednesford, Rugeley and Utoxiter. If anyone needs a lift to Alton Towers. Trying to cover extortionate parking charges lol.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Me & Connie will be about and pop and say hey, but we will be with some family that day so sadly won't be able to with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just looked at DM tickets... is it really £25 ! seams a lot ...

£25 ... :eek:

its Drayton Manor, I know Ive not been for a while has it always been that much o_O

How do these days usually go. As in do we meet and split up or go around as a group and what do people do for food. I used to just get fat on all you can eat pasta pizza lol. Thinking this time just packing my own. Any suggestions?

We tend to meet up as a group at the start of the day, head to the Welcom-Inn for the remainder of the day for drinks attempt some rides, break off for lunch, rejoin, more drinks rides, then bugger off home until next time.

I'll be there for the Sunday only, sure am looking forward to getting my first ride on The Wicker Man and spending the rest of the day drinking* seeing you folks again!

*Just to iterate, not really.

Last edited:
I've still not been on Wickerman; if that's still the case by then, I may well be up for the Sunday.

To clarify, our meets are not just drinking sessions and I am concerned that they are being portrayed as such. Many people on our meets will be driving.

We typically go on a variety of rides during the day. It would also be fair to say that the group does not stick together religiously during the day, some members may well spend an hour or two in the pub, whilst others go on rides.

There are individuals who come on our meets who don't really ride anything, they just like catching up with people and 'being' in the park. There are others who like to do some rides, and also have a drink (like myself) - and then there are those who like getting in as many rides as possible.

All are welcome.

:)

Sounds good. I'm a get the most out of the rides kind of guy. I was curious as to what happens cause there's a chance I might be on my own. And well didn't fancy having a day at Alton Towers by myself. To be honest not at this point in my life anyway. Thank you for clearing it up.
Now all i need to do is find a group that i can be the strange guy who invited himself into with. Lol.