• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Sexuality Census 2012

What floats your boat?

• Unsure

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Pansexual

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Polysexual

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Asexual

• Male - Bicurious (mostly men, but curious about women)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Male - Bicurious (mostly women, but curious about men)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Female - Bicurious (mostly women, but curious about men)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female - Bicurious (mostly men, but curious about women)

• Female - Straight

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Female - Gay

• Female - Bisexual

• Male - Straight

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • Male - Gay

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Male - Bisexual

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT :(

(for those new around these parts not quite sure what's going on I ended up accidentally coming out as bi on last year's sexuality census...)

Who dear?
Me dear?
Gay dear?
No dear.

I'm 100% straight. I just have a very severe man fetish :)

MASSIVE EDIT.

I did not notice this was in Corner Coffee. Naturally, I thought it was the Tavern, hence my previous response! Sorry!

Gay. All 700(approx) muscles in my body, including yours...

T said:
MASSIVE EDIT.

I did not notice this was in Corner Coffee. Naturally, I thought it was the Tavern, hence my previous response! Sorry!

I know you've edited the link, but can I just state that transwomen like myself are women, not men. So posting a link stating 'chicks with *****' followed by the statement that you are gay is factually incorrect.

Do we have to be things? Can't we just be people?

I don't like separating everyone by sexuality as I think we're all so much more complex then that and we are capable of developing romantic relations between any types of person.

As gut reaction, I'd probably put Straight, but on further review I don't really identify with any of those labels, so I have to put unsure.

AshleeKel said:
T said:
MASSIVE EDIT.

I know you've edited the link, but can I just state that transwomen like myself are women, not men. So posting a link stating 'chicks with *****' followed by the statement that you are gay is factually incorrect.
Apologies. My original post I meant to be two different parts; The first being a joke (as in, I'm not into that), and the latter actually being my preference. It was wrong of me to make such a post in the Corner Coffee board anyhow, but I didn't notice at the time.
Likewise, I meant nothing by anything I posted, regardless of it's location on the boards.

Labelling is convenient for the vast majority of people, as most people fit neatly into one of only a few well-understood 'categories'. Clearly you don't have to fit any label, nor do you have to use labels, but they do serve a useful purpose for a lot of people.

Oh, and straight male.

How you've managed to hold out and fend them off for this long John I'll never know ;) :p

They're just statistics that interest a lot of members so it's usually fun to do this every few years or so :) But one thing always bang on about is the importance of not shoehorning yourself into any label so there's absolutely no pressure!

Meat Pie said:
Do we have to be things? Can't we just be people?

I don't like separating everyone by sexuality as I think we're all so much more complex then that and we are capable of developing romantic relations between any types of person.

As gut reaction, I'd probably put Straight, but on further review I don't really identify with any of those labels, so I have to put unsure.

I understand your point MeatPie but, ever since I have been around I can remember this topic cropping up every year.

Sexuality is a huge part of someone's aura, whether we like it or not, society brands us through our sexuality. We live, breath, experiment and are (to a degree) controlled by our sexuality.

The idea of this topic however, is not to reflect society but to have some light hearted fun and mini digs at the fact society only recognises mainly Straight or Gay persons.

If you feel the need to debate labelling them I'm sure you can either a) visit staples for all your office needs or b) start a new topic entitled "Do we have to be things? Can't we just be people?"

:)

Magrathea said:
it's usually fun to do this every few years months or so

Fixed ;)

...and speaking as a geeky stats-person, it rather bugs me that the list of options keeps on growing every time this topic gets started as it makes it much more difficult to see what's going on. Damn you all for not being one-dimensional and easy to categorise :D

I think I may have came across attacking which was not my intention. If you want to subscribe to a label then go for it, I was just posting my point of view and the reasons that I chose unsure. :)

Where's the "Fabulous" Option...
Meh, just have to settle with straight male then ???