• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK 2022 Attendance

I think the biggest difference is they know they just a family run theme park but will a great business plan. They have a great working relationship with holiday extras who run the short breaks for them. Hotel extras fills the hotels for 1 or 2 nights and in return Paulton’s offer hotel guests 2 days for the price of 1.
For example last year we looked at staying at Alton Towers but the cheapest room with tickets for the 31st August to 1st September was £850 for 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 2. The same dates for Paultons but we went down on the 30th (booked a days inn holiday for £51) We stayed at the holiday inn which is less than 15 mins away from the park and it cost £276. I don’t think we spend £500 which included food, drinks and petrol
Holiday Extras runs the bookings for the Alton Towers hotels too.

Holiday Extras runs the bookings for the Alton Towers hotels too.
Yeah but the costs of the staffing and up keep of the buildings and rooms is down to Merlin where at Paulton’s it’s the owners of the hotels responsibility for there upkeep so they know for every school holiday break the hotels are gonna be full and the park also so everyone wins.
Then on tripadviser it’s mainly 5 star reviews with the odd 4 for food options/prices so they must be doing something right.
You can clearly see how buying a top IP like Peppa pig has really helped put Paultons into the top 3 parks in the uk and from my visit in 2014 and my visit last year how much the park has changed over them 7 years.
Investment is key as other wise you go the way Camelot and the American adventure went.

Paultons has a history of very steady and sensible investment, which is one of the great Lucia ties that being a family run park allows them to do.