• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK Scare Events

Did Xtreme Scream Park (http://www.xtremescreampark.co.uk/) last weekend and it blew me away. Every year it just gets better an better.

Frankly, it puts Scarefest to shame. (Potentially barring Sub Species.)

Ash Hell Penitentiary was by far the stand out attraction wheras 'The hunted' (a hooded maze) was a complete letdown.

The atmosphere on park was second to none, roaming actors, loads of fire pits, bars and live music. No generators or floodlights to be seen :)

If i was to rank the mazes;
1) Ash Hell Penitentiary - flawless theming throughout, great acting, a good length and great pacing - we actually found ourselves on our own on many occasions. We were locked in rooms on our own, grabbed by inmates (think silence of the lambs) and there's plenty of unexpected scares. Trully world class IMHO. (I understand they got people in from the US to design this.)

2) Stilton Hall Hotel - a good half of this maze is on par with the above, however lots of dead-spots, especially upstairs, but maybe that should be expected from the UK longest scare maze. Overall theming absolutely brilliant however. Particularly enjoyed the teddy bears in the kids room. Shower scenes, bedroom scenes, lobby scenes, this really does have some excellent parts.

3) The Pie Factory - themed around the famous Melton Mowbray pork pies. This maze is one of the long standing mazes, which gets improved upon year after year - some excellent and original scares, and absolute class theming.

4) Twisted - Your typical Clown maze, basic theming but done but with much better acting than previous years - the addition of touching has made a significant improvement on previous years.

5) Belvoir Dungeon - Pretty much on par with Twisted, again, improving year on year. A basic route and basic theming, but simple and ample scares.

6) The Hunted - Billed as one of the most extreme of the mazes, I found the attempt extremely lazy and as much as hooded mazes for me are not particularly scary, the execution of this was one of the worse i have witnessed. This event did do a hooded maze before, Punishment, which was more enjoyable with less predictability.

Summary; three world class mazes and 3 support mazes along with the overall setup of the event makes this one of the best scare parks in the UK - I'm pretty sure they have won this with ScareCON a few times.

We were there form 7pm to 11pm & had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. We had plenty of time between mazes to grad a drink and sit by one of the fires listening to the bands.

Couldn't recommend enough although don't plan to fly through all mazes in an hour, the ques were around 20 minutes on average. The amount of people attending is a detriment to how far this event has come in the past few years.

I preferred the hunted over ash hell penitentiary! The fact ash hell is rated 11/10 made my expectations too high, I was thinking it was going to rival sub species. The hunted is the first maze I've done like that though so I loved that. It definitely differs from person to person though, as two of us got out a few minutes before our friends and had a better experience than them but I think we were picked on especially as we basically went round glued to each other!

Here is a review that I have written for Screamland Margate. I have to say that it was the best Halloween event I have been to this year, topping Tulleys, Fright Nights and Frightmare!
------------
Screamland Margate is Kent’s biggest Halloween event, and after receiving rave reviews in 2015, the event returned for 2016 with an even bigger lineup. Screamland is hosted within Dreamland Margate, a fantastic vintage style amusement park which reopened in 2015, and Screamland includes use of all their attractions. Dreamland really comes alive at night with all their rides lit up like Christmas trees. The atmosphere is electric and really adds to the overall enjoyment of the event.

Screamland has 5 horror mazes that are ready to terrify and unnerve even the most brave of visitors. We first experienced The Final Cut and Dead & Breakfast. From the word go, the theming was absolutely stunning in both of the attractions. The Final Cut Presents: They Came From Outer Space was themed around an old cinema where your journey takes you into the silver screen (literally) and you encounter a variety of Sci-fi themed scenes. Although this wasn’t the scariest maze of the event, it was very fun and made use of some fantastic effects, sets and costumes. Next up we took a trip into the Better Days Guest House in Dead and Breakfast 2: Murder Hotel, where we met the land lady Fag ash Lil. The acting in this maze was some of the best we have ever experienced. The theming again was absolutely outstanding and there were some incredibly jumpy moments. This again was one of the highlights of the evening and is one certainly not to miss!

After having a few rides including the amazing dodgems, we took on The Bloody Mirror. After having a rather unnerving introduction to the maze we spent a few minutes trying to navigate our way around this mirror maze. Unfortunately after the previous 2 mazes we ventured into, this was somewhat a bit tame, but it is a good start off for what is to come… Festinos Forgotten Funhouse – The King Of Clowns was next, and was one of the best clown mazes we have been in for a very long time. It was funny, disturbing and the ending was extremely unnerving. It was very well themed, with the highlights including the Bearded Lady taking one of group hostage and the unnerving Knife Thrower. The final maze of the night was The Paradise Foundation, where we went to meet Dr Prometheus. This maze was on another level of detail, as you are met by 2 incredible actors that tell you about what lies within the doors of The Paradise Foundation. Essentially, the place has a twisted and dark secret, and this soon becomes evident as you make your way through this terrifying experience. This maze was by far the favourite of the evening and even all of the mazes we have experienced during Halloween 2016. It’s fantastic actors, theming and story-line really made it a sweat-inducing experience. We had heard great things about Screamland, but it surpassed all our expectations and really took us by surprise. The mazes were incredible, the rides great fun and we couldn’t recommend this event enough!

I did Colchester zoo fright night yesterday,

http://www.colchester-zoo.com/explore/events-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2016/10/22/139/-/shriek-week

Late night opening on selected dates only.

This is something that I do every year. I'm a regular zoo visitor their. I visit a least once a month and every week when Alton Towers is closed for the winter.

This is more of a family orientated event, however during the night event, things do get ranked up a level.

There is always plenty to do at Colchester zoo.

Magician Matt G performed mind reading and magic in the theatre

.http://www.colchester-zoo.com/explo...trick-in-the-run-up-to-our-shriek-week-events

The road train is always a laugh. Riding the road train there are staff members dressed up in Halloween outfits jumping out of the bushes at you.

The hillbilly's is an out door scare maze, staff scare actors jumping out at you and a couple of scare actors with chain saws.

The Haunted Manson is a short indoor maze. The themeing and technology used in here gets better every year. Some scare actors jumping out at you.

The all saint's church walk. A short outdoor maze around the old church with actors jumping out at you.

The show in the falconry out door arena is always entertaining and be prepared to get wet.

The staff and volunteers always do a great effort in putting on this event every year. Not as good as Alton Towers, but a very enjoyable event. Again I probably put this on the same scare level as the Alton Towers scare zones.

As others have mentioned about xtreme scream park in Melton
I work delivering in Melton and live nearby in Grantham so this place is local.
I've visited the last 3 years(when my theme park/scare maze) addiction started the even has got better each year 2 of the mazes was new last year( Ash Hell and The Hunted) and some have been reworked/extended this year (Twisted and The Pie Factory).
My favourite was probably Ash Hell the themeing is great and it's quite daunting the first time I do it.
My least favourite is the hunted hooded mazes just don't feel scary to me I'm more worried about banging my head(especially after they tell u to duck as u walk under a tunnel section).
As was with Molly Crowe last year I find that I'm more concentrating on where I'm going that what's going on and when someone touches me it didn't scare me.
I'd recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to see what they come up with next year, hopefully next year I can attend some other places aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did Colchester zoo fright night yesterday,

http://www.colchester-zoo.com/explore/events-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2016/10/22/139/-/shriek-week

Late night opening on selected dates only.

This is something that I do every year. I'm a regular zoo visitor their. I visit a least once a month and every week when Alton Towers is closed for the winter.

This is more of a family orientated event, however during the night event, things do get ranked up a level.

There is always plenty to do at Colchester zoo.

Magician Matt G performed mind reading and magic in the theatre

.http://www.colchester-zoo.com/explo...trick-in-the-run-up-to-our-shriek-week-events

The road train is always a laugh. Riding the road train there are staff members dressed up in Halloween outfits jumping out of the bushes at you.

The hillbilly's is an out door scare maze, staff scare actors jumping out at you and a couple of scare actors with chain saws.

The Haunted Manson is a short indoor maze. The themeing and technology used in here gets better every year. Some scare actors jumping out at you.

The all saint's church walk. A short outdoor maze around the old church with actors jumping out at you.

The show in the falconry out door arena is always entertaining and be prepared to get wet.

The staff and volunteers always do a great effort in putting on this event every year. Not as good as Alton Towers, but a very enjoyable event. Again I probably put this on the same scare level as the Alton Towers scare zones.

My local scare attraction - always worth a visit.

In August i took a big step in my life, I got the courage to audition for Xtreme Scream 2016 and landed myself or rather my scare alter ego (Cedric DeMort) a place of residency in Stilton Hall Hotel and Hell Spa.
my area is from the Sauna to the Locker Room with the pitch black corridors downstairs after the "face off room".
-mcg7iWalNjVAPpMNvsARFgxUTUJnIMPmXGZjthOU3krycsxYHRI7BtaAqxNVelp9DNYemJU7xRvcywdbAmV2KvVz_IqU4Qn5RiDz7d2HZHwSxSoFN8dVUxK6ckhx9d2Bi1VsdhvL1QTOZij-xtyO0xgZd5O8Vm5-_YFRiWXoLBcylIdlFD2EpqEV2v6BJd5zsLKV9nl4itA2RdS5oX6SBIJVtrbLDLSAfTmGCs2bib9qfi_j5ea1YzQU3pJnIGicrnEmqMZTw2ywjuLs5QtgdlUymPZGBuOsPyjAq5AcMfHxEr1qfbgjDVypyl5lX3IMOgrdLPnZxStDcCLLsLu9F7LkaL1f-USU_Qd2U0AZIl2w_yP72_iTL9Y8Nvx2HggweeqQ3Q1OyAfYMGKjZiQ0lq0o1qbHx2jklmlwB01AlJwpPUjDhKSz44Ycpo5-ltODNzM7VUowheHb2xQzw2nM_-MmRUbFazdcZMZCIzezChk7EXm0SZ_NJ1hOweibxCGKiv8YmpU8EDVIVCzTe2hBuGI_lKiZqm2GxuZGZdUVknFPzuWUT7iQqXToxyKPx6iEAETcakNJrOYe-S5-UjbbEKDP7IqmnHu4bvlt-DGRztuLA_U=s890-no

BNhIaVRB1h4KMLkcARmR8ZqKEDTDu-sxS_yXXrQUHDaDITP8QSLM2xCskSmAsXWisQqRPU_W0fkXzwMigpfS18bhMPpEOfVc-gauPDo-Md2zz9c16d86ecgu1XRDe_RambLlQdf8KyQyVRYvikplb-TM_WR-FCZov1KVKPGrfztsffViKPhuPzonFx5Nvm-scesSJLrJBghqIydmrb7PcadQ08b_V2bx9EBioezXQFqzFEbY0lbHjAiLRRAJwbWImmaIJZg7V1Es3lOVNLiHutklBHUvXeSAq1GOQ9qG05vO1S-UyoUdGQk2r9z9_47d7ty9Dct8wyyyyInTxjUAhg84hntPzmHVgrv_oOsVkMkbVNEmRhdgT-Ti88TR8Lm7yUmagIydYXEpAWQiJS_tW5dsVfwsZWiy-f1U5SpZ1blcxY260KnoaRS6kMBb3h-NFvmR-jet-FiYSdYtmMmASmY2d8cjzm3yqJN2-ert9vttLf0VCaPRV7QjxDK0OunjQZ1FkwR8CzpzGh1OQfBL7uiQq3Y5YynTtpGfqXLDDt42LI9HJoBXC7bNFt82HIa_EnGab9A8RZp4RJbChYfndwALUnQDZxKfMKxttBjNrgkvNDxA=w979-h890-no

ck0K7XZnPfQ0YOSG6Y4ORQqVpHDjqun8lzL7cCt7z88JTm1wK1NvNa2z1c1x1lSalLJPT6TcJsxb8hGEeHSocDtazFXaBurAYIrrg1HFZZf8GukzSWTpEJYBfgPEH198MRrl13wxUWp2JdsVRTN78so3vBeVo2-TnC50jKoQWygK665-PT5AMVanTBFQukNKM21t3iiwg52CnQA_OEwc6pJJyx-ssysz900UigSlMiq2kfka66gGt0ABn28IQSVvo_802wYe2Bz1xOu8fAdK6lY2npHcw-RVWCHjO8ZF9UsRTKOpZLqqebu0snyQzqErfhoQmuJho_J_q9gc29KS9hwv7CbwY2zavIwUAkTDWTFO0juJn8bZavvqsZcJc1f77hQFB-abfg742-4ZKssfm5xqUzP4XIHih4-XiUytMYaqbMZGvdAo8idGrGdst-skpNDAEkF-DgtqNMUFqVllbELeCgWJxHfGMUDKC9fqiGVaYukN6SZGinw80Lw2shzyzuxV0LYCXb6N86HhQ40Gp13NXFV0bssOmTwGMgrZNeLAso9FU-T-Bg132pu1WpZ1qzExjybEbghVIxTOfCbbFLD0m-grjLy5j-22PMOedIn0mfb9=w713-h890-no
SjmJEXddrqwiNTO6j165ouTbWNx1eq8py6KOlGyJ4X2eFoTfSgkrHgh_wYGR5tw8fD6eLXPmMxjkYcmZ32bGpk33b9uEDwuIn5JHnG-1S8Vj16OYLch7HGTAMeyyUoPJOu5INfalenKwHlErWG10F53X0ope5QHQ9aAOaHLd-SPDo-Vkr-aneywCwEiNbJ6BuhrJfYiVY0RpKF7mpH9CPZpZ6tYgxVlJwJVPXir9XMFQwAZmhiX19eLbf6Hy49gZdQ8vRwDIxP-BHBFKkBPGjnA5o86ALPftCFE0yR--8OvAF8BHQk4_VXlYrby72rVunK4FAvq1PHmf0LO5onO8aEXaUCoWgGGNf2p2KXe_qqOuHmyCL65LgHrQ9kyA3g4hvA009AtxQX9WCSQxbuN6DxIDb_BpMMqm4aQpW3XnFxJgZss4lvAu2ITqqrAGDcekwAow6gFhlblOrrWYaGnBCdMGr9t780tRDrJv4j8K1TXT1OlTjqn5RJdhmM7fGQO0DlMUjlcA0hVCkPvrxq5Et9yPiMC2UGS_hg_yXrRR52t9UUeJ21XaQCqxBhXlCRuPlXMYQX5UvLaXDye5UWZ6w_pQOEtWVqPSMe_-G_4OpStM606O=w242-h206-no

I Don't know if anyone remembers him lol, but for those who are going to XSP either this Sat-Sun or Mon..Cedric will look forward to meeting you...