• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK Travelling Fairs Discussion

A

Anonymous

I did have a mooch and couldn't find a topic like this on here! I did quite enjoy the last one that was started over at the other forum. ANYWAY..

Treasure Island in Stourport which is currently owned by the Danter Family (The family who own Air) have recently bought a brand NEW KMG Freak Out! Its suck with the name ''Freak Out'' and offers a full LED Light package! It looks pretty neat at night! However the pay box hasn't been sprayed yet and boasts a poor hand drawn Freak Out sign/logo. The actual ride itself is situated where the ''Octopus'' was which has now been removed.

2v3lzwn.jpg

Henry Danter (Who owns treasure island) is Abie Danter's son (Who owns Air)

Snorlix said:

I'm not sure that I'm thinking of the same Air as you?

They're related I know that much! I was a documentary on Channel 5 about it about a year ago. And Air which they own is similar to the Bling that used to be at Blackpool.

Snorlix said:
They're related I know that much! I was a documentary on Channel 5 about it about a year ago. And Air which they own is similar to the Bling that used to be at Blackpool.

Right, I see what you mean. Posting about Air on an AT forum is automatically going to make me think of something completely different :p

Snorlix said:

Other way round, Henry is Abie's father. Abie is younger than Henry. Had the lovely honour of speaking extensively with Henry about the park and the Freak Out was a lovely purchase. Will be heading down this year to go see it. Shame the Octopus has gone though.

Not UK, but didn't think it warranted a thread. Walking past a fair in Madrid, they have what looks to be a Larson Loop but not a circle, a sort of V shape, with a similar 'train' and a catch car that that pulls it up one side and then drops it and then it undulates until it gives up back in the station.

What might it be? Who makes them? Are there any in the UK?

Looked a bit Pax...

Not UK, but didn't think it warranted a thread. Walking past a fair in Madrid, they have what looks to be a Larson Loop but not a circle, a sort of V shape, with a similar 'train' and a catch car that that pulls it up one side and then drops it and then it undulates until it gives up back in the station.

What might it be? Who makes them? Are there any in the UK?

Looked a bit Pax...
Do you mean a Butterfly type thing? https://rcdb.com/1992.htm

If so, there are none in the UK.

All I've managed to find at the moment is its called "La Uve" (The V), plenty of videos online but very little info, it looks brutal though: