• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Underrated rollercoasters

It was one of my first. I remember watching it being built. It's probably what planted the first seeds of enthusiasm.

It's a long, long time since I've been on it, I used to think it was very tall and intense, although if I went back there now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't think the same way. :p

It was my first!

Such an amazing coaster, with a great layout too.

I would go to Gulliver's to ride it again...

The main reason I think that few talk about it is that most enthusiasts can't actually visit the park without going through some serious organisation or stealing some children...

A shame really...

I'm just going to say a coaster close to my heart since I was very little.

The Dragons at Legoland Windsor (Resort)
It's got such a good inside dark section and then a good outside for the target audience. I find the second drop through the tunnel quite thrilling.

Speaking of dragons...

391acp7985i30e2p0le800.jpg

I simply adore Dragon Flyer at Camelot. It's just a shame it's located in a park with a future that constantly changes through Merlin's crystal ball.

I say Merlin as in the wizard, not M£rlin the greed giants ;)

Danny said:
I say Merlin as in the wizard, not M£rlin the greed giants ;)

Oh I see :D There would be ample opportunity for jokes if Merlin were to snap up Camelot though ;)

I'd actually be happy if Merlin bought the place. At least it would have a certain future for a while before the over charging and excess amounts of stupidity arrive.

Apparently I used to love Dragon Flyer when I was very very young. Have to say I don't remember it at all. :p

Went on it a few years ago the only time I've been Camelot over the age of about 5, and it was so cool. Hardly a masterpiece but it's so full of character and charm.

Dæmonen at Tivoli in Copenhagen for me. A great little compact twisty B&M floorless coaster. Not the most forceful ride ever built but it has some great direction changes and a sense of speed throughout. Whenever I've been it's also had quite a short queue meaning multiple re-rides are possible.

Goudurix as others have said. I was expecting the roughest ride ever but it actually wasn't bad at all. I would even call it smooth. The ride itself wasn't too exciting but I think its title of worst coaster in the world was in no way deserved.

Rita is underrated. It's not particularly amazing, but it's a good, solid, unique launch ride, but a lot of enthusiasts seem to loathe it.

Another little gem from my childhood:

header-casey-jr.jpg

I think I was 5 or 6 when I last when on the Casey Jr Circus Train at DLP. I thought it was great fun at the time and is a brilliant little family coaster. There was never a queue when I went to ride it meaning multiple re rides. I love the way the ride train is themed and remember being gutted when I visited Disney World when I was 8 and the Americans didn't have their own version of it.

SAW: Themed after my favourite horror franchise and done well. Everyone seems to hate it except me.

Vampire: Nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. CWOA jewel in the crown.

Former rides

Beastie (R.I.P): Absolutely loved this little gem.

I think Colossus is the main one for me. I just don't see an issue with the ride or pain. The only pain is it's through-put. Also Shockwave at Drayton.

Just thought I'd revive this thread with Kraken - SeaWorld Orlando. Whilst much is made of the other B&M sitdowns in Florida in Hulk/Kumba - no one ever seems to mention Kraken which is a fantastic coaster with the brilliant floorless element as well. The first drop is excellent not to mention the elements which I think are fantastically sequenced, especially the diving loop and zero-G. Perhaps not one of the lesser known coasters in this topic but one certainly you don't hear about enough.

I will second Colossus. Gets way to much stick. If it was just a bit smoother it would probably be the best coaster in the country after Nemesis. Everyone spends way too much time moaning how rough it is they forget it is one of few coasters in this country of a decent length, not to mention packed fill of different elements.

Superman de Acero
Coaster people generally dislike floor less coasters so I stepped onto de Acero thinking the worse. I came off loving it more then any other coaster. I know never to listen to popular opinion thanks to rides like de Acero

Speed: No Limits
No one talks about this Gerstlauer and especially after Saw I had doubts. I loved Speed and really secured Oakwood as a small park with outstanding roller coasters.

Goudurix/Magic Mountain
I've gone for the two Vekomas who are probably shunned by the majority of enthusiasts but are actually pretty fun rides for what they do.

Gwazi

Despite hearing people say it isn't supposed to be very good and reading reviews saying it's utter poop, I found Gwazi to be hilarious and came of both sides (front and back) with a great big smile on my face either time. It might not be the best woodie but I loved the speed and out-of-control feeling that you get with the roughness and the proximity to other rides and the supports. And the fact that it never had more than a 5 minute during a busier time in the year was a bonus too. I found it to be much more interesting than Sheikra which I found to be a bit forceless in comparison to Oblivion, though the inversion and splash down are fantastic.

Thank you, Gwazi, for being my most modern wooden roller coaster yet! :p

mark9 said:
Goudurix/Magic Mountain
I've gone for the two Vekomas who are probably shunned by the majority of enthusiasts but are actually pretty fun rides for what they do.

Erm.... Not sure if agree... Since Goudrix is pretty bad and Magic Mountain was distinctly forgettable even with the new trains...

Trying to think really of any obscure underrated rides, probably rides like Diamondback, Wicked Twister and Phantom's Revenge are either ignored due to opinion of B&M, other rides at the park, or just generally not talked about enough for something ridiculously epic...