• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Epic Universe - New Florida Theme Park

The park was originally going to open without the Mack coaster, I think?

I'm glad they added it in, my one and only concern about Epic Universe is that it could lack capacity.

Not going to lie, the spinner looks awful; it has done since I first saw the layout and these testing videos on enhance that opinion. Hopefully whatever effects they have make it somewhat more exciting.

The park was originally going to open without the Mack coaster, I think?

I'm glad they added it in, my one and only concern about Epic Universe is that it could lack capacity.

I have my concerns too.

Monsters unleashed, Harry Potter ride &
Starfall Racers will be expected to do a lot of the heavy lifting I imagine. Id expect capacity/ throughputs on those three rides to be excellent.

Nintendo land is where I see the biggest queues being. The rides they have gone for don't look to be brilliant for capacity at all. The Mario Kart queue will be horrendous I think if it's just a standard queue and not a virtual one.

Am I right in saying there will be a stage show in Potter Paris as well as one in HTTYD (a clone of the production developed for China)?

Perhaps they felt that three large shows at opening was a bit much, especially given IOA and Studios now have several empty theatres per park? Either way, agreed that the launched spinner looks pretty poor, at least in comparison to the pedigree of the rest of the park.

A stage show in the MoM area is an absolute must given the lack of anything proper in either of the other two HP areas. Would be very interested to see what they come up with.

There are also plans to build a dining experience, themed around Hogwarts' Great Hall, at the back of the HP land. It won't be ready for opening though, and will probably be priced separately.

It'll be interesting to see how crowds flow through this park, it's different to the usual hub-and-spoke model because there's a hotel with its own entrance at opposite end of the park to the main entrance, the central land features multiple attractions, and the portals to the other lands are fairly spread out. Pretty novel to have a park with no obvious starting point!

In theory if at the same time the swing launch slows the train down (the first pass through) the trains start rapidly spinning it could make for an interesting sensation.
I know the Mack extreme spinners can do that. RtH induces a launched spin. Not so sure if the standard model can do the same.
Thematically I assume that launch is meant to represent the transformation from man to wolf. Universal must have something planned to ensure that is the highlight of the ride.

It doesn't look like the most exciting spinner on Earth, but I think it'll hit the target market quite well. Fantastic theming, entry-level thrill experience plus spinning, and more than just a lift hill and figure 8 circuit, I think it's quite a solid step up towards the larger coasters in the resort overall. Could be better, could be worse, but hits the GP target imo!

To manage capacity current rumours suggest that when opens the park will not be included for any annual passes, or multi day tickets (ie uk unlimited 14 day tickets) and will have to purchase separate date specific ticket 1 day tickets for the first year. Also they won’t have any express access available straight away (much like applied to newer rides like Hagrids, which still doesn’t) and hotel guests at their pre over hotels who current get free express inc the in new high end in park hotel will also not get express in epic for atleast the first year.

obviously all rumours at this stage. Also it is expected annual pass holders will be able to access annual pass previews before it actual opens, but then will be date specific tickets that need purchasing.

They have taken summer 2025 off all their branding. Now just reads 2025 everywhere.

Hoping that's because it's going to be earlier rather than later as we are planning to visit August 25 and we can't go in 2026 due to other commitments (family wedding abroad)

Mack really do make some absolutely gorgeous trains, don’t they! Loving all the little details on it.

Feels like it’s been built for ages now, so will be good to see it testing at some point.

They already cut one ride from the land so I can’t see an expansion coming imminently

And once again, I think as a forum it’s easy to forget that the primary market for most theme parks - and certainly the Orlando parks - is families with children. And it’s those kids who couldn’t care less about Potter
World book day last week begs to differ.

World book day last week begs to differ.
Funnily enough I didn’t see a single Potter - plenty of kids dressed as things that *aren’t event from books* but that’s a different discussion !

I even had the conversation in a group chat many of whom are teachers, and they reported minimal potter kids too.

Even Miriam Margoyles has expressed her concern for the Potter adults recently 🫢

Funnily enough I didn’t see a single Potter - plenty of kids dressed as things that *aren’t event from books* but that’s a different discussion !

I even had the conversation in a group chat many of whom are teachers, and they reported minimal potter kids too.

Even Miriam Margoyles has expressed her concern for the Potter adults recently 🫢
I think you're looking for evidence of a failing franchise that simply isn't there.

Potter isn't at the level it was in 2010 but it's still a huge draw.

I think you're looking for evidence of a failing franchise that simply isn't there.

Potter isn't at the level it was in 2010 but it's still a huge draw.
Where’s that fantastic beasts sequel again?

Off topic but, she’s now at the holocaust denial stage when it comes to her TERF tweets. At her current trajectory she’s going to be getting to the point of being financial poison pretty soon

It’s a shame, but it is what it is. I’ll be very surprised if the land ever gets built to its original spec. On a ride system point, has it ever actually been clarified what the Ministry attraction will be ? I’ve heard “elevator experience” which is giveng me CatCF flashbacks

I have no idea what the ride will actually be like, but it will be the biggest dark ride in the park. And the current rumor is that it has been designed as a response to Rise of the Resistance.
Universal are betting big on this, and I can see it meeting that potential! The Department of Mysteries is a really fascinating place in the books that the films scymed over. But a ride could be the perfect medium to explore all sorts of experimental magic (illusions).
Where’s that fantastic beasts sequel again?
Fantastic Beasts as a sub-franchise has failed. I don't think the same can be said about the main franchise.

The plot for those films simply became a mess, and no one cared for the direction it was heading. But the original books are solid stories that people enjoy going back to.

Last edited: