Universal Studios Hollywood

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by BigAl, 16th Oct 2012.

1. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    The Studio Tour was good, but only 1 hour. The park was opened for 12 hours! We left for 4 hours in the middle of the day to do Hollywood Boulevard (for our sins) and then returned for the evening.

I literally didn't even spend the full day in the park! I have to say, this will change once all the new additions are opened.

jon81uk likes this.
  2. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

maybe it’s doing the VIP tour that made the big difference to me then, that was more like 2-3 hours as it’s taken at slower pace and stops to allow photos off the tram.

we did fill the rest of the day fine with the shows and stuff, but the repetition of rides from Florida was an issue.

3. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Dare I ask the price of the VIP tour? We paid $120 for admission (£90) alone...! :D

4. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

i think it was about $250 when we did it.

But included valet parking, light breakfast, bottled water during the tour, buffet lunch, reserved seating for Waterworld and a behind the scenes bit. Rides with the tour guide who could hold bags and take photos and then once the guide left you could use the express entrance on all rides for the rest of the day.
    But the main benefit is the longer tour (including the prop warehouse) and the opportunity to get off the tram for photos.

AstroDan likes this.