• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

US Election 2020; what are your thoughts?

Who did you support in the US election?

• Donald Trump (Republican)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Joe Biden (Democrat)

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Other/None

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As many of you probably know, the US Election happened on Tuesday. However, the result is still not yet known, and for a number of reasons, this election will perhaps go down in American history as one of the most contentious ever fought. So I’d be intrigued to know; what are your thoughts on the election?

Who did you support; were you in favour of a new president in Joe Biden, or were you rooting for 4 more years of Donald Trump? Or did you support another candidate entirely, such as Kanye West?

What do you think will happen from here? Do you think Biden will win as the polls currently suggest, or will Trump make a last-minute recovery? Or will the result end up getting contested in the courts?

What do you think a win for each candidate would mean for the next 4 years in American history?

I’d just be really intrigued to know some of your thoughts, as this is a very pressing issue at the moment. I’ll put an anonymous poll in as well, to see how the forum would have voted.

Personally, if I was American and eligible to vote, I would have gone for Biden and the Democratic Party, as I personally feel like his policies and the things the Democrats stand for in general personally align with my political views far more than what Trump and the Republicans stand for. I admit that from a British perspective, the Republican incumbent may possibly have benefitted Britain more than Biden, what with Johnson’s strong bond with Trump and Trump’s comparative willingness to form a trade deal with Britain, but I think from a general perspective, I would personally have supported Biden.

In terms of who will win, my personal prediction is that Biden will win, and possibly with more Electoral College votes than initially predicted. He’s currently leading in most of the states that are yet to declare a winner, and those postal votes are bound to favour him. Even states that were traditionally Republican, such as Georgia and Arizona, seem to be leaning towards Biden. But I could be wrong; Trump could still win here.

So, what are your thoughts on this most interesting American election? I apologise if this is a bit too much of a controversial topic to make a thread about, but I was just really interested to hear people’s thoughts.

Last edited:
Trump is a useless, authoritarian bore and it is fantastic for democracy that he will be forced to leave. And while he still has 70 million odd supporters, his former political and media allies will soon leave him in the dust. The man has no values and no loyalty. He will reap what he's sown.

Aside from that, everything else still needs to be resolved. Best of luck! :confused1:

Last edited:
Allow Barack Obama to run again.
I think out of briden and the easyjet colour chart. Briden is the better option

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I do wonder if they show uk Elections in America? The big thing that worries me is the amount of daily infections there is in America and there’s people celebrating or rioting.
Trump only got in cause they didn’t want Hillary as President.

Trump is a prat but you know where you stand with him, I don’t trust Biden one bit, he seems to be in the early stages of dementia.

I will say one thing it’s strange the vote counting is taking so long and 80% of the postal votes are for one candidate in a 50/50 election.
I also can’t believe the supposed leader of the industrial world and only superpower can’t announce a result of an election in less than 24hours let alone nearly a week.

Biden has won. Fantastic news.

tenor.gif

This isn't over yet though, Trump is gonna throw the mother of all hissy fits. He will probably barricade himself in the White House.

The Trump campaign apparently has no plans to concede. I fear this could possibly get nasty...

Great news for the US and the world in general. Who cares what his supporters think at this point?

I am a bit worried about the second amendment and some of trumps supporters may believe his speech saying postal votes are rigged. Feeling it a plot to oppress them
f86c81e20db2c88fe9a1f925697e8112.jpg

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I am somewhat relieved that Biden won, but I don't feel uplifted or celebratory because he has. He seems like an incredibly vague figure, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying he is senile, as some people have done so.

With the Republicans controlling the Senate I think he'll be a pretty ineffective change agent for a while, much like Obama was for periods of his presidency. Keeping their slim majority in the House, with some erosion likely won't be much comfort.

Trump got 47ish % of the vote, won just shy of half the states with 70 million votes. That's somewhat unprecedented and probably brings to the forefront just how divided America is, I am not sure Biden has much of a plan for that, despite what he has been saying in his victory speeches.

Trump might be gone, but I am almost certain that Trumpism and the reasons that allowed it to thrive are here for a long while yet.

I think this election was more about getting Trump out rather than getting Biden in. An incredible turnout, the highest since 1900.

I don't think there's any chance of Trump conceding or leaving with dignity. That's not his style. I think it will be long and protracted with legal challenges and recounts, although it seems unlikely anything will change significantly.

Last edited: