• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Venice: new Zamperla park

Sam

TS Member
As spotted by TilySlo on CF.

Reviled manufacturer Zamperla are looking to open a second park (after the first at Coney Island) to wreck the beautiful Italian city of Venice.

wM83RKn.jpg

xZvXjHa.jpg

RRpwCEY.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVAdf6gfCUs#ws

Nothing as horrible as this should ever be put on the 'mainland' of the UNESCO world heritage site that is Venice. Especially not from Zamperla.

Urgh. I really really hope the city authorities see sense and derail this.

Isn't that the same attitude as all the NIMBYs we moan about who prevent new parks getting built in the UK? I mean, you are always saying how coasters can be beautiful works of art. OK, so Zamperla may not be the first company that comes to mind when you think of good looking rides, but at least they aren't Pinfari. ;)

Any new park anywhere is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Just spotted a Volare in that video. I take it all back. :p

To give them some due, Luna Park is a very clean and fresh place, although being next to Wonder Wheel anything can look decent...

Aside from their coasters, they do have some decent flat rides... At the very least a Ferris Wheel would give some decent views of Venice itself...

Would love to see how they would sort out access to it though...