• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Visiting Parks Alone

If you're planning on going on your own, then I advise tomorrow as the forecast is bad so it'll be quieter

Done it a good few times. If work is planned down south, I book my hotels close(ish) to Alton then book a holiday the day before. Travel to towers from Newcastle and spend the day in the park, head to hotel, eat, sleep and then go to site the next day. Sometimes the day at Alton can be classed as a travel day so I can spend all day in the park without putting in a holiday.

I only been to Alton Towers on my own once but been on the rides many times on my own as my daughter only just hit the 1.2m tall so my wife took her on the CBeebies rides while I went on the big coasters. It wasn’t as bad when the single rider queue was in use as I got on many coasters straight away.

Check out some enthusiast events if you go on your own a lot. Did a sweeden trip with some enthusiast group a month or so ago and make some great freinds. Already planning a trip to ceader point next year with one of them and doing a road trip in 2 weeks with 3 of them to Eftaling.

Thanks I feel abit less bothered now after reading these replies. Even just to drive over and have a couple of rides on Nemesis and Oblivion and then leave early would be alright I guess.

I had never been to a park by myself until this year... I have now been by myself 6 times just this year. I quite enjoy going by myself now that I have done it.
I was a bit nervous at the start but once your there doing your own thing it's great!

I also have a youtube channel so im walking around a theme park on my own talking to a massive fluffy microphone on top of a camera.... It does come with a bit of abuse from time to time but it makes me happy.(Normally chavs)

My friend's kid (he's 12 and likes parks) was showing me some of the people he follows on Instagram yesterday. The story(?) thing where you post short lived photos seemed to be full of people at parks seemingly on their own taking selfies before and after rides.

"Here I am at Thorpe on my own, but I'm not really on my own because you're all with me. Look how wet I got on Rumba!" or something.

Maybe I am a bit old to really 'get' that, but it seemed strange.

My friend's kid (he's 12 and likes parks) was showing me some of the people he follows on Instagram yesterday. The story(?) thing where you post short lived photos seemed to be full of people at parks seemingly on their own taking selfies before and after rides.

"Here I am at Thorpe on my own, but I'm not really on my own because you're all with me. Look how wet I got on Rumba!" or something.

I think that sounds sweet actually! (A little bit weird) ,:D

I am going solo to Brean and Funland at the Tropicana tomorrow

It is totally weird and the first few times you do it makes you feel like you shouldn't be doing it because you feel so awkward. It is addictive though and when you get people comment on your posts/videos who are genuinely enjoying what you produce it makes you feel good. I do it definitely as a hobby/passion because I have been doing this for 3 years now and don't even have 300 subscribers. I do it for the enjoyment it brings me.

I'm going to Walibi Holland alone in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Single rider queues and a new RMC.

Once the park closes I'll plonk myself in a beer garden and read a book.

It's good to have some time to yourself every now and then, and travelling somewhere new is a great way to do it.

I struggle with my anxiety, but I found that after a few visits you get over the 'awkwardness' of it all. I feel completely comfortable visit parks alone now, the sense of freedom is great. Also, I'm sure like many of you I have a walking lunch, because I don't want to waste a minute! With my friends they want to sit, chill and have a cup of tea!

I've just got back from Efteling alone, and i had the most amazing time! The single rider queues help so much! glad I finally got to visit a park I've been gagging to visit for so long.

Queues are the only problem when going alone. Standing in queues by yourself will make you bored very quickly. That's why I wish they bring back SRQ on more rides as that would save you lots of time

Don't have a problem with it myself.
Have resorted to a newspaper in my pocket, but usually people watching, quietly eavesdropping on other conversations, and simply watching the ride go round is enough for me.
That and dropping sneaky darts just as the queueline moves on.
Edit...
That would of course be farts.
Love autocucumber.

Awkwardly starting conversations with the people next to you works as well.

Megafobia's queue is a killer for solo visitors as there's no signal or wifi