• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Belgium: General Discussion

I know positivity is generally frowned upon round here, but I still think this is going to be a cool ride.

Interesting to note that there's no splash on the backwards section. Apparently, the reservoir around the track in the concept images will allow them to control the level of the water, meaning the level is dropped for the backwards section and then raised again when you back through it for the splash!

Apparently. :p

@Dar That sounds like a lot of work and effort, don't the scoops only work one way in their design like the B&M ones do?

Track for this is now going up:

12295499_700773793391886_8866426549726577477_n.jpg

Source

:)

I know this ride has a bunch of haters before it's even open, but I'm sticking by the fact it'll be a cool ride.

Walibi Belgium have this evening posted a promo trailer for Pulsar on their Facebook/YouTube and even after watching it, I'm still not quite sure what this ride is!

It certainly looks interesting anyway. But what's with the whole not splashing when it goes backwards?

As for Walibi- Creators of the unexpected. I'd more say Mack - Designers of the down right crazy! ;)

Either way I'm intrigued to see it running.

I reckon the splash would scrub off too much speed, or they want to save it for one big splash!

Speaking of speed/power... How does this thing work. I can't remember if it's been mentioned, it is LIM's or a catch car style winch?

How on earth will the ride work after the first drop? The kinetic energy will be wasted and the ride experience would be ruined if it gets launched halfway in the middle.

Isn't it deliberately in a separate body of water from the main lake so that the water level can be adjusted? I've no idea how the water level could be changed fast enough during each ride cycle to stop huge splashdowns on every drop though.

Looks like it has a dual loading station (with turntable?) too.

So it's basically a water Boomerang? Or have I missed something? I can't say I'm rushing to book my ticket to Belgium after watching that video.

Going by what I've read elsewhere, it's going to be more like a Half Pipe, with a splash at the end.

It's going to launch 3 times (akin to them Premier launch coasters that are popping up everywhere). After third launch, the boat will be held at the top of the spike for a few seconds, before releasing with a splash finale.

It just sounds...... like a standard Mack water coaster would have been better for the park (IMO).

:eek::confused:

I guess for parks with very little room it could work. It's certainly different to the standard one drop water coasters.

Definitely unique.

Very VERY random.

Mack Power splash though?

Sounds like curry night.

It's footprint actually looks pretty large. Having visited Walibi Belgium a couple of years back I'd say it's a very strange park full of lots of random type rides, very much a Drayton Manor of Belgium.

It's footprint actually looks pretty large. Having visited Walibi Belgium a couple of years back I'd say it's a very strange park full of lots of random type rides, very much a Drayton Manor of Belgium.

Reminds me of Thunderlooper. Not a large footprint when you consider the likes of a Flume. Comparatively speaking.

What is that!? :eek:

I think they might have been in the Hotel Collosseo Bar when they thought this one up.

2012 saw Shambhala, The Swarm and OzIris.

2016 = Pulsar, Ferrari coaster and Lost Gravity ;)

(Yes I know there are others, I missed out Taron on purpose)