• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Weird news stories

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
So, I just saw this on the BBC News website, and decided we needed a thread for posting those weird and wacky newspaper stories that you find

Why is anyone surprised by the Sainsbury's poster? Yes, it was a gaffe, but does anyone honestly expect retailers to not encourage business through their employees?

It's a goof, but anyone genuinely put off from Sainsbury's because of that had better not be taking their business elsewhere to Tesco, Asda, Morrison's etc because they do the same thing.

The thing is slowly but surely @AshleeKel people aren't.

That's WHY Aldi/Lidl etc are slowly biting into their profits.

The thing is slowly but surely @AshleeKel people aren't.

That's WHY Aldi/Lidl etc are slowly biting into their profits.

Aldi and Lidl are growing because they are fairly cheap and the quality is much higher than many would expect. They would encourage sales as much as any other retailer.

Aldi and Lidl are growing because they are fairly cheap and the quality is much higher than many would expect. They would encourage sales as much as any other retailer.

Never get that impression in my local Lidl, never any staff to upsell to you lol!!

Yes there's deals, but they're decent, they're just about people buying stuff that they want and tempting them with things like...

OH MAN, I forgot I needed that shoe sole warmer to help me melt the snow we never get... OH! AND SNOW TYRES, IN SUMMER! Must have.... along with that bulb that wont fit any of my lights (realised when get home) and some ballet slippers - always a lidl's favourite.

.... and a drill, always a drill

I went into Aldi the other day and didn't get what I wanted, but I did get a collapsible chair and a chainsaw from the centre aisle.

I'm not being serious.

Came across this in my local news today. This guy collects dodgems and drives them out and about, perhaps not a weird story given he lives on the Isle of Sheppey :p

Well considering the average walking speed is 4mph, that video looked like he was going MUCH faster than that!

Hmm, I wonder... you know how someone bought the front car of Corkie....