• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome - New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome to the newbies!

Also - you'll find a few boomerang fans on here Simon ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Hey all,

Thought I would give TS a look see as I have been mulling it about for some time!

I'm Gary, 30 and love nerding out on occasion about rides haha!

Nerding?

How rude! I suggest you leave with such an attitude!

;) Just joking. Welcome!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Haha! Thank you! I meant it in a good way honest!

I am a little excited, finally get to ride The Smiler next month :D

Hello all!

I've been a theme park fan for as long as I can remember and have especially loved Alton Towers since before my first visit, many moons ago. Rollercoasters were one of the first things in this world to really inspire a sense of awe in me as a youngster and I guess it has stuck and developed over the years. There have been times when my interest has waned in favour of other pursuits but it has always been there in the background. I've only ever met one fellow enthusiast in person before but the meets you have here look like a lot of fun so hopefully I'll be able to join at some point.

Hi Nada!

I'm finding it very pleasant and friendly so far, having joined up today myself! Hopefully you will do too!

Hi and Welcome to Gary S and Nada. hope you enjoy interacting with the weird collection of Alton Towers fans this forum saves the general public from :D

Just one word of advice, some members try to use Sarcasm and irony without remembering it works differently in the written form, and fail. don't worry their are much better at it in real life.

Gary S said:
Thanks delta79,

I am thick skinned and work in care - I am used to a bit of sarcasm hehe! :)

I thought it was just the care setting I work in that was full of sarcasm (and innuendo!). Good to hear it is elsewhere! I use the motto "if you don't laugh, you'll cry!"

Welcome to TST :) I'm fairly new and loving it!

Gary S said:
Totally agree Amy, thank you for the welcome! I find in care you have to have a good sense of humour!

I think it's essential. I work with young adults with autism, SLD and challenging behaviour. We spend most of our time in fits of giggles, it's just how it is!

Welcome to the site Mollie, and to all others that have recently joined. :)

I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Hi Mollie, welcome to TST! You'll have a great time here =) Awesome username BTW =)