• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome to EuropaStreet!

I know I've already been to Europa before, but just need a few bits of advice as I'm in the process of hopefully planning a return trip for 2018.

1/ I am planning on visiting Europa next September and intending to stay on site for three nights. Is this a good time to visit for crowds and enough time (3.5 days) to get the park completed (with a few re-rides) at a relaxed pace?

2/ I'm currently considering staying at Colosseo (of all the choices), does this hotel compare well to the other offerings and is it quite expensive? My budget is approximately £700 per person (based on two people travelling).

3/ Would it be better to hire a car and drive to/from the airport to the park for the trip, or fiddle with public transportation? I hear the latter is particularly challenging.

4/ My girlfriend (other person travelling) is interested in cultural stuff. Are there any places of significant interest nearby to Rust and/or Basel?

Hey Matt,

I'm sure you'll get more verbose answers from our more seasoned vets of EP but we travelled in September so I can definitely help you with that...

1) We did the Tue 19th and the Wed 20th on the park in September and got on everything we wanted on the first day, including 3 times on Woden and Blue fire. The only things we missed were universe of energy, a couple of flats, shows and the 3D Dome. The longest queue was about 30 minutes that day. On the 20th the morning was considerably busier and it throughout the day there just seemed more throughout the park. All became clear once we realised that Traumatica (EP Halloween event) was starting that night. This meant that Greece shut early and the queues were noticeably longer with BF quickly going up to an hour. (more like 40 to be honest.)

TL:DR try and avoid the Halloween event, however 3.5 days should be more than enough even if you do clash with that date.

2) We were determined to stay on site so decided to stay at the Alcazar. As far as I remember all the resort hotel prices are comparable to each other, with different tiers of room prices. I'd pick the hotel that appeals to you the most. (I'm sure stopping in rust is cheaper but you wouldn't regret expanding your budget to stop on resort if needed.)

3) Definitely go by hire care if you want to do other things in the area and you want convenience.

4) I'd recommend Triberg Waterfall and the house of 1000 clocks (the one slightly outside of the Triberg town centre). There is lake Titisee which you can take a boat ride out onto and then you could head to Todtnau for the Hasenhorn alpine coaster or trek up the mountain.

If you drive out the Basel, I'd recommend going via Colmar. You will know you are near when you see a roundabout with the Statue of liberty on it (the designer was from Colmar and this was a tribute to him.) It also features a Little Venice area of which you can get some nice food and drink in the area. Also if you are a fan of studio Ghibli, visually Howl's Moving Castle was based on parts of Colmar and Mason Pfister is building that you can see in the anime.

I can answer point 2 for you, all the hotels are of a very high standard, I've stayed in them. My personal preference is Bell rock but Colosseo is a close second, a great choice in hotel.

Go and explore the other hotels, they vary in terms of atmosphere and setting, especially the bars.

I don't think anyone on here would argue against a visit to The Buena vista club (Top floor of Castillo)