• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Weymouth Sealife Adventure Park & Tower

joelpagett

TS Member
Hi guys.

Went to Weymouth Sealife Adventure Park yesterday and have to say that I was seriously impressed. Not only did they have loads of different variety's of displays but they also have rides (for the smaller children) and also penguins, otters, crocodiles, sea lions and loads more.

The layout was really good and I have to say the new Claws exhibit is fantastic. You can stroke crabs and other rock pool creatures as well as them having some cool underwater lenses (see below for the orange cones). They have got a very cool little log flume and although it isn't massive you did get very wet. There seems to be quite a bit of space for expansion so there may be an opportunity for new rides/enclosures. Also I am pretty sure that some old rides from Thorpe Park's Octopus Gardens were moved to their Adventure Island ride area.

The Sealife Tower was pretty good to although It does lack a re-ride appeal. I think there should be some interactive screens to show you whats what. We went on a gorgeous day but would not like to be up there in the rain!

Here are some photos and the rest can be found on my Flickr

WeymouthSealifeAdventurePark38_zps42ce9bd2.jpg

WeymouthSealifeAdventurePark11_zps01059f60.jpg

WeymouthSealifeAdventurePark30_zpsafbba984.jpg

WeymouthSealifeAdventurePark23_zpscf8a5edb.jpg

You would not believe it was England from these photos below! The sea is so lovely!

I really think that this type of attraction could take of within the Merlin Group. Not just a Sealife Centre but also combining animals and attractions such as the Crocodile Creek log flume!