• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you afraid of most?

Do any of the following phobias apply to you?

• Nyctophobia (Fear of the dark)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember reading about the Uncanny Valley and that animated film, The Polar Express! It said the animation was creepy, which I personally don't agree with but I can understand why others would find it a bit freaky.

Here's a weird one.. Butterflies. I'm absolutely petrified of them and I don't know why.

I don't get how people can hate moths but like butterflies. They are the same goddamn creature, people! One of them is just prettier than the other.

@josht: I don't fear death itself (in fact I rather look forward to a jounery in to the great unknown), the pain caused by what kills you on the other hand... :/

Everyone who has attended a meet knows how much I HATE wasps! xD Literally any I see I either move away from (quickly) or kill. It seems the only time I'm calm around them is after many, many beverages...

And yep I agree with Josh's post too haha!

Wasps can do one. Horrible things that apparently do have a useful purpose, but are still so, so annoying.

When I was a weee lad myself and my family went on a walk at Dunham Masey (one of my favourite National Trust properties @Alastair ;) ). I played hide and seek with my brother and took refuge inside a dead tree, still standing but without any leaves. I looked up after I heard a loud humming noise to see a nest of hornets above me.

Never in my life have I ran so quickly as I did that day.

Vom ( the sight, smell or sound of someone) Go clammy, feel very nauseous myself, heart races which is weird since I like rides so much.

I have some of the usual, natural human fears, Big snakes, heights etc. Not at all affected by needles, any type of medical procedure, public speaking, confrontation, closed spaces etc. They'll all fine by me.

But I do have one completely irrational fear. When I say fear, they terrify me more than almost anything on the planet - Toilets!

They've terrified me ever since I was a child. I would do all sorts of thing to avoid using them. Even as an adult I'm still scared of them and I have to carefully plan answering calls of nature in public. I'm particularly scared of fully tiled rooms, black high level cisterns with chains, black toilet seats, the sound of dripping water as the tanks fill up and sudden automatic flushes on urinals. Also the darker and older the worse and I hate gutter urinals and stainless steel suits.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Toilets are nothing to be scared of. :)

It's what's hiding round the U bend waiting to bite you on the goolies that you need to worry about.....

Spiders. Can't watch the end of Arachnophobia with the sound on or at normal speed.

Crabs.

They're just weird.

Get your head out the gutter you, not those sort!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The death or suffering of one of my children. It may sound cliched, but as a parent that's all there is to fear.

And anyone who says spiders needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Spiders are awesome!!!