• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

This remix and video of Russian Roulette by Riri <3 One of my favourite all time songs.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/w_Q8X3U0Vz0?hd=1[/youtube]

The intro after Prelude needs to die a horrible death. And they could have done without getting Arnie to do backing duties. But everything after scream is amazing.

Apart from the lyrics. They're pathetic.

Oh god, why couldn't they have just used Butterflies And Hurricanes?

But the distortion is back, palm mutting, hammer-ons, propper guitar playing. <3

Prelude is great.

The first verse is terrible.

Chorus is fairly good.

The second verse is merely a slightly improved version of the first verse.

3:55-4:50 is amazing work, back to their best.

Ending is appalling, even worse than the first verse.

Nick said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__jKWoYH8[/youtube]

... couldn't resist. :p
Great news from a great band loving the new song from Zane at radio 1

They're still the worst lyrics I've ever seen.

I know it's for the Olympics, so we can't expect lyrics like Citizen Erased, Butterflies And Hurricanes or Hoodoo, but still. Jesus, Matt, what the hell?

Blaze said:
They're still the worst lyrics I've ever seen.

I know it's for the Olympics, so we can't expect lyrics like Citizen Erased, Butterflies And Hurricanes or Hoodoo, but still. Jesus, Matt, what the hell?

I'm hoping for a different album version with better lyrics. Matt said that they had only done the instrumental (I think) when the song was looked at, and it was chosen when the lyrics were made. Therefore, there might be a version with good lyrics.

Also a version without the backing singers.

I think you overestimate Matt as a lyricist to be honest. :p

I want a version without Arnie, the choir and lyrics. Just the guitar, bass, drum and that scream. He better had do that live. It's unreal.

Blaze said:
I think you overestimate Matt as a lyricist to be honest. :p

I want a version without Arnie, the choir and lyrics. Just the guitar, bass, drum and that scream. He better had do that live. It's unreal.

And the first verse. I've gotten over the WTF is this part, but it's still pretty poor. Go straight from the prelude to the chorus I say.

I agree with this guy
But the lyrics. They don't make any sense. "I will forgive, I'll have my vengeance"? what.

And they're so unimaginative. What are the Olympics about, uh, being good at things. Really good. Winning even. Let's write a song about winning. And being really good at things. And showing people that I'm winning. And that you're better than other people.

Why couldn't it have been about the struggles so many olympians and paralympians go though to get where they are? About the people who win and those who don't? They award other medals than gold, Matt. Maybe about the symbolism of the events? It just seems like a really shallow interpretation of what the happens at the olympics.

Otherwise it's alright.

Seriously, B&H was perfect lyrically and wasn't cheesy.

It's gone from that to "I'm going to win!". He's going backwards as a writer it seems.

Not that I'm surprised, ever since he said "it's time the fatcats had a heart attack" was his favourite and the time he laughed when Hoodoo got a best lyrics award, I knew he was an idiot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7w5TaYjRA[/youtube]

Kate Bush, she's a bit bonkers isn't she? Dancing with all sorts of uniform persons in a silver jumpsuit.

;)

at the moment from my feeling down, pick me up folder.

Defying gravity from wicked.

then it's sucks to be me, dont take the music, followed up by billy ocean, Jessica (top gear theme), bat outa hell.

see i have a weird wide taste in music. :D