• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

So did nick. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukPztHkPk1U#ws

Best four minutes ever. When the first chord played, I literally jumped in the air with joy, knees up, the lot. Got kicked in the balls, knocked to the ground, at the end I collapsed and was rescued by some lad with pink hair. At the end we all just stood around in shock, I dropped, when he picked me up we just looked at each other and hugged each other as it sank in haha. It was so good.

Scribble Mural Comic Journal by A Sunny Day in Glasgow.

Most experimental dream pop album I've ever heard; it really is a gem. Superb album.

Blaze said:
This is awful. Taken a really nice, acoustic song, and butchered it to make it radio-friendly. It's a pure pop song, with acoustic vocals, and it sounds terrible. Especially for a riffy, shoegazey band. Sounds like selling out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763Ovr4BCZs

And what's with the video? There's three people in the band, not just Ritzy, and why isn't she playing guitar in it? She is the band's guitarist. This is terrible. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

It is what i am guessing a remix or re-edit by William Orbit and not therefore the official version. William Orbit is a sole producer and not officially part of the band. Hope that helps. As for being poppy, I agree. But that is standard of William Orbit. Again, just a remix, and it should have no harm for the band. At least for now.

Yes. I know that. That's exactly why I hate it. Remixes shouldn't be released as singles over the original version.

And videos should ideally have all the members of the band, and if there's not a story of some kind, playing their instruments, not just using their singer-guitarist as eye candy and portraying her as a solo artist and singer only. Likewise, the artwork should not just be her and her cleavage.

Blaze said:
Yes. I know that. That's exactly why I hate it. Remixes shouldn't be released as singles over the original version.

And videos should ideally have all the members of the band, and if there's not a story of some kind, playing their instruments, not just using their singer-guitarist as eye candy and portraying her as a solo artist and singer only. Likewise, the artwork should not just be her and her cleavage.

This is entirely the Record label. *oops*

HaydenCR said:
Blaze said:

This is entirely the Record label. Atlantic Recordings, I believe. Part of the big five Atlantic is (Warner Music Group), responsible for the likes of James Blunt and so on.
(Sorry for double post)