• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are you listening to?

Heidra by Windir

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I actually bothered listening to The 2nd Law in entirety today and am thankful for the experience. Having had the CD sit around for ages, I never really gave it chance and read several reviews that stomped on it so kind of put it down, forgetting about it. I actually really enjoyed it; Supremacy is a great song, that stomping guitar opening is fantastic stuff. The album has a Depeche Mode meets Queen feel about it (particularly 'Madness' which I found really very Queen) and I enjoyed it a lot. I think that the best on the album is Big Freeze but the Prelude into Survival is stunningly composed.

My only real pet hate on the album is that ridiculous Unsustainable song - the dubstep is awful. Such a shame as it could've ended the album on a kick ass bang but it really is poor quality.

Overall though, I find myself endeared to the album.

Good fun. :)

Harvey. said:
I think that the best on the album is Big Freeze .
:eek: The token U2 cover they won't play live?! Almost everyone considers it the worst track on the album. :p

Harvey. said:
My only real pet hate on the album is that ridiculous Unsustainable song - the dubstep is awful. Such a shame as it could've ended the album on a kick ass bang but it really is poor quality.
Is it still dubstep if there's zero electronics? It's got the most incredible drum sound I've ever heard live though. It's a bit of a mess, the way they just copied and pasted the drop, but I think it's really under rated. One of the few examples of them still having balls.

And suppose I better post something, so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMV76OCW6G0#ws

I've also been listening to The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. I'm really enjoying their new sound, and from the two tracks we've seen so far, it looks like 'Save Rock and Roll' (despite neither track showing signs of rock and roll :p) has the potential to be one of my albums of the year already. Bring on April 15th :p

Sent from Tapatalk, excuse any mistakes.

Blaze said:
Harvey. said:
I think that the best on the album is Big Freeze .
:eek: The token U2 cover they won't play live?! Almost everyone considers it the worst track on the album. :p

Harvey. said:
Is it still dubstep if there's zero electronics? It's got the most incredible drum sound I've ever heard live though. It's a bit of a mess, the way they just copied and pasted the drop, but I think it's really under rated. One of the few examples of them still having balls.

Yeah, I know that it's weird but I found that one to be the most instantly memorable, it's strange but yeah, I guess that's just me. :p

Hm, well... I can't judge live but some intense drop and a bit of originality in the second time it drops would improve it massively. :)

The new Pensees Noctunes album is different from the last but still amazingly brilliant. Neoclassical French Depressive Metal FTW